• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
You would have to imagine that the game in Perth may well go by the wayside given the WA hard border.
Fourteen day quarantine for a practice match seems something that you would try to avoid.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah no team is travelling to WA, the Force will need to be prepared to live on the road again in 2021

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Border is open to Victorians & the act as long as they haven’t been in a medium risk a area in the past 14 days

That’s not how I read it.

From WA Govt website for ‘Low Risk’ states, which Victoria is considered:
-If you have suitable premises, enter self-quarantine for 14 days. If not, you will be directed to enter a Government-approved quarantine facility at your own expense for 14 days.
-You must present for a COVID-19 test on Day 11 if still in WA.

ACT is the only rugby state considered ‘Very Low Risk’, so Brumbies could travel however if they’ve had contact with someone from NSW, Vic or QLD in the previous 14 days then they’re also subject to quarantine.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
That’s not how I read it.

From WA Govt website for ‘Low Risk’ states, which Victoria is considered:
-If you have suitable premises, enter self-quarantine for 14 days. If not, you will be directed to enter a Government-approved quarantine facility at your own expense for 14 days.
-You must present for a COVID-19 test on Day 11 if still in WA.

ACT is the only rugby state considered ‘Very Low Risk’, so Brumbies could travel however if they’ve had contact with someone from NSW, Vic or QLD in the previous 14 days then they’re also subject to quarantine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-18/wa-border-g2g-rules-explained/13066550

opened monday

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some news. The Argentines will be on their way to Aus soon. The only one I haven’t heard anything about is Socino.

Aus u18s player Mosese Tuipulotu looks to be in NSW with some of the Tahs boys, ino he played a few games of SS last year so maybe he’s gone to continue that path and do some training with the wider Tahs squad on the side. Would be a big blow, in my eyes the best Vic backline prospect since the Rebels have been around. Then again maybe the Rebels have encouraged him to continue in the SS for the year. Will have to look into this further

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some news. The Argentines will be on their way to Aus soon. The only one I haven’t heard anything about is Socino.

Aus u18s player Mosese Tuipulotu looks to be in NSW with some of the Tahs boys, ino he played a few games of SS last year so maybe he’s gone to continue that path and do some training with the wider Tahs squad on the side. Would be a big blow, in my eyes the best Vic backline prospect since the Rebels have been around. Then again maybe the Rebels have encouraged him to continue in the SS for the year. Will have to look into this further
Following up on this.

Argentines look to be joining the squad on the week starting the 8th which will give them 3 weeks with the squad before the first game (Rebels have bye on the first week).

Can confirm Tuipulotu has signed with the Tahs most likely on a development contract.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
*snip
Can confirm Tuipulotu has signed with the Tahs most likely on a development contract.

Well that sucks. Getting sick of reading about the Tahs poaching our home grown talent :|

Any news as to whether Eloff is back in Melbourne yet?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What’s the wrap on these two? Can’t say I know much about them.

Attachments

• 400CBC52-BC19-4BD1-8193-ABA37B9BC3BC.jpeg
    400CBC52-BC19-4BD1-8193-ABA37B9BC3BC.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 138

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Article out on the two from Roy Ward saying Rebels still in talks to bring in another player based overseas. I suspect this would be Socino, but who knows could be a returning Aussie or someone else. They do only have 2 hookers currently on the books so that might indicate where they will head.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Well that sucks. Getting sick of reading about the Tahs poaching our home grown talent :|

Any news as to whether Eloff is back in Melbourne yet?

I don't normally waste my time on rebuttal of BS postings, but this one was worthy of Chairman Dan in the outright BS stakes and needed to have the light of truth shone over it so here goes.

Tahs poaching our home grown talent? Gimme a break mate Rebels and Brumbies wrote the book. List of NSW Home Grown Talent playing for other Super Rugby clubs 2021.....

Rebels have "Poached the Tahs Home grown NSW talent"

Matt Gibbon Theo Strang Josh Kemeny
Cameron Orr Reece Hodge Michael Wells
Ed Craig Lachie Anderson Brad Wilkin
Steve Cummins with 1 current Wallaby

That's 10 this year alone, there were a further few who were there for 2020 like Philip, Kellaway, Potter, Meakes, Deegan, Jones, Killingworth & Haángana.

Further NSW 'Talent playing (poached) elsewhere in OZ (I won't even get started on NSW O/S based 'poached' talent..

Brumbies : AAA, Sio, Fainga'a, Pollard, Frost, Tom Hooper, Neville, Nic White, Kuenzle, Wright. Another 10 including 5 Wallabies

Reds : BPA, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Harry Wilson, incl 3 wallabies (Note Harry Wilson grew up around Lennox Head and his family still live there)

Force: Bo Abra, Robertson, Kaituú, Lee Warner, McCauley, Anstee, McGregor, incl 1 Wallaby.

NSW have the following 'Poached Talent' ie: not born and raised in NSW..

NZ product - Sam Caird, Jack Whetton, Charlie Gamble. All unwanted in NZ

Qld Talent - Izaia Perese - We all know the story..

WF Talent - Carlo Tizzano - will probably end up back at WF when Hooper returns

ACT - they have no local talent at all

Rebels - Tetera Faulkner a 4 Test Wallaby 6 or 7 years ago. Plus one development squad contract that will be playing SS at best.

So please tell me again what you're sick off mate and I'll tell you a real story about poaching talent.