• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I love the jersey after being a bit unsure about it at first. Won't be ordering one as I feel it may be a bit too unflattering for the larger stomached gentleman. Where's my gut - just follow the arrow.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I don’t think TheGreyMan would appreciate the character assasination

I actually most feel sorry for Ed Craig, a couple of blokes think he's as good as Phil Kerns the world cup winner & a couple of others think he is as good as Phil Kerns the foxtel special comment guy! Good luck to the lad had a good season last year earn't himself a Super Rugby contract

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mate, chill-out. Reg made a joke. It's the kind of thing that happens around here when a poster's praise for a player is disproportionate to what most people think is reasonable. It can and should be laughed off. It isn't anything malicious.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
100% agree with Members Selection. There was a forum post from a fan, and then RugbyReg decided to make it ugly for some reason.

Look, just to put this garbage to bed, I'm happy to admit I'm related, but RugbyReg (Forcefield and Slim293) need to pull their heads in - it's easy to sling mud and make baseless accusations hiding behind your Avatars. But I am not TheGrayMan, I have no other accounts in G&G (check with the admins if you like), nor does Ed's family, I haven't posted anything on any G&G since March 2020, and haven't visited the Forum for months. Came in this afternoon to see what the chat was about Friday's game, and find RugbyReg causing trouble. RugbyReg, would you like to declare who you are, or if not, please desist with the anonymous slander and falsehoods, for the player's sake if not for me.

RugbyReg is actually one of the few posters who isn't anonymous.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
100% agree with Members Selection. There was a forum post from a fan, and then RugbyReg decided to make it ugly for some reason.

Look, just to put this garbage to bed, I'm happy to admit I'm related, but RugbyReg (Forcefield and Slim293) need to pull their heads in - it's easy to sling mud and make baseless accusations hiding behind your Avatars. But I am not TheGrayMan, I have no other accounts in G&G (check with the admins if you like), nor does Ed's family, I haven't posted anything on any G&G since March 2020, and haven't visited the Forum for months. Came in this afternoon to see what the chat was about Friday's game, and find RugbyReg causing trouble. RugbyReg, would you like to declare who you are, or if not, please desist with the anonymous slander and falsehoods, for the player's sake if not for me.

Rugbyreg's true identity

rugbyreg.gif

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
wtf is actually happening & why are we talking about a bloke who is at best is a 16 at Super Rugby level across 3 different pages? shouldnt we be chatting about Matt T game management style v JOC (James O'Connor) play on at all cost style or how the f*ck Noah scored a try from a rolling maul????

Ed Craig didnt loose the game for us friday nor would he have saved 50 points saturday night, im now more interested at how eastwood will go without him come SS round 1 all of a sudden hahaha

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

oh no....please don't.....

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
It is malicious, unfair and embarassing to those involved (in real life) when you accuse someone of making a post, and having multiple nefarious personas to hide behind, when they don't. I just noticed TheGreyMan getting accused of the same thing in the Waratah's thread. Can people just stop assuming he is a relative of the young fella. He isn't.

Mate this is happening because IT IS A JOKE as pointed out by Forcefield. A very common joke. It has clearly gone over the head of old mate Grey and yourself. Not sure how though because it is about as simple as a joke comes.

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Am I one of the "loose posters" you refer to?

I simply stated that Rebels would not be disappointed with the performance of their Bench Hooker, and that he would be a big loss for the Woodies this year.

Someone accuses me of being a family member and I clarified that I was just a simple Woodies supporter who wanted to see one of our own homegrown products do well.

Does that constitute a loose poster?

Anyhoo I have been asked by the Craig family (of which for the avoidance of any lingering doubt, I repeat I am not a member of) to not post about Ed on the open forums. I will respect that request after apologising for any embarrassment I may have caused to Ed (or my pseudo family) through my original post.

I wish Ed and his connections all the best for his rugby career.

I will crawl back into the Woodies Shute shield thread. Clearly I am not welcome here.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Clearly I am not welcome here.

You're quite welcome here.

It's just really weird to have a middle-aged man stanning (google it if you need to) a rugby player to the extent you are in pretty much every thread you reasonably can.

This is why people have been joking about you being a family member, although seemingly they are uncomfortable having someone talk up their kid to the extent you are.

You are clearly a rugby fan and watch the games so maybe try and post without everything being through a lens of how it relates to Ed Craig.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looking forward to this weeks game, we should start to get a few faces back which will massively strengthen the bench. If we defend like we did on Friday I think the ponies might be in for a fight.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Without talking about been able to attend a game or not, I’d be curious to find out if people think the Rebels having arguably their 3 hardest fixtures of the season in a row is a blessing or a negative?

Reds - away
Brums - away
Force - away

Also what would people be happy with after these 3 games?

I personally think if we get a win (+ the bonus point we got in Brissy) then we’d be in a strong spot for the second half of the season

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Without talking about been able to attend a game or not, I’d be curious to find out if people think the Rebels having arguably their 3 hardest fixtures of the season in a row is a blessing or a negative?

Reds - away
Brums - away
Force - away

Also what would people be happy with after these 3 games?

I personally think if we get a win (+ the bonus point we got in Brissy) then we’d be in a strong spot for the second half of the season

Only time will tell if it's a blessing or not but yeah, I'd be pretty pleased with a win and maybe two bonus points.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
You want to go 2-1 after to opening weeks ultimately we would want to be 1-1 in the opening 2 weeks and would expect to beat the force

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Damn that's a big injury ward.
Front row is being battered.

Uelese, Van Nek, Gibbon, Orr. Also Naisarani, DHP, Skelton, Magnay, Tuqiri.