• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Wilson

David Codey (61)
DHP is a big question, with his limited game time he must have fallen down the wallabies pecking order. Throw in the concussions he's been having and you'd have to think he'd be considering taking Japanese/French money while he can.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
From the front page of the 2022 thread, here's who haven't re-signed and I'd consider "high profile":

Cabous Eloff (2021?)
Trevor Hosea (2021)
Isi Naisarani (2021)
Rob Leota (2021)
Richard Hardwick (2021)
Frank Lomani (2021)
Matt To'omua (2021)
Dane Haylett-Petty (2021)

Curious about DHP. I think it will be Hosea & To'omua, hopefully the Caboose too.

Dickie i think is likely to stick around as well.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
DHP is a big question, with his limited game time he must have fallen down the wallabies pecking order. Throw in the concussions he's been having and you'd have to think he'd be considering taking Japanese/French money while he can.

I'd be waiting till after the TT comp to sign DHP up again. Need to see he can stay fit.

Perhaps the break has done him well. Looked like he had some speed in the try he set up on the weekend for GPS

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'd be waiting till after the TT comp to sign DHP up again. Need to see he can stay fit.

Perhaps the break has done him well. Looked like he had some speed in the try he set up on the weekend for GPS

Yeah I was impressed by that, looked like he was outpacing everyone on the field. I didn't think he had notable speed.

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm completely flawed that the Rebs let Wessels go before Super Rugby:TT.
From a perspective Coach what's the better job the Rebels or the Waratahs?

Why not swap?

Rebels take Rob Penney, and Waratahs take Dave Wessels. Simple. Both coaches are currently in Oz (not sure if Penney has flown the coop yet).

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Why the hell would the Tahs want Wessels?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

You saying that Wessels is worse than Whittaker?

Why the hell would we want Penney.

Proven record as a head coach, only failure was when he was made scapegoat by the NSW Rugby Mafiosa.

Ed Craig Captain Coach ;)

Don't give up your day job just yet.

Ed is busy helping the Woodies Shute Shield 2021 tilt. He and they are looking sharp. Catch all the action on Stan.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

You saying that Wessels is worse than Whittaker?

Proven record as a head coach, only failure was when he was made scapegoat by the NSW Rugby Mafiosa.

Don't give up your day job just yet.

Ed is busy helping the Woodies Shute Shield 2021 tilt. He and they are looking sharp. Catch all the action on Stan.

Wessels is rubbish. So is Whittaker.

I watch Eastwood every week on Stan. I watch many games.

BIgz20

Stan Wickham (3)
Penny signed back in Japan months ago as did Cheik
Would not be surprised if Wessels does not end up at Kintetsu in Japan

Why not swap?

Rebels take Rob Penney, and Waratahs take Dave Wessels. Simple. Both coaches are currently in Oz (not sure if Penney has flown the coop yet).

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
E0D241E9-814B-413A-A7F7-0BF614DDA060.jpeg

Yet another one