• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah between them, the force, MP (Moana Pasifika), drua, Blues, Waratahs, it’s all getting pretty blue.

Is Ebury another opaque unknown hedge fund linked to our CEO that may or may not be insolvent in a year?
Look I feel we have to wear dark blue as they are the state colours

Felt like it was a poor decision to allow two new teams to wear blue

Also have always felt that the Force should wear the colours of WA

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

I Agree, rebels tahs brumbies and reds do it pretty well

But Western Force stuff it up a bit as they should be Black and Gold - never blue.

Fiji is too blue heavy on the main strip- they have a bit of tropical green and their away strip is white.

But Moana Pacifika literally means like...pacific ocean. So think blue was hard to avoid. However they should be pushing the all teal like their singlet which is awesome

1643838069300.png

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
To be fair, Force existed in blue before the Rebels. Can’t blame Force for clashing with Rebels.

Moana Pasifika also have the heritage colours of Samoa and Tonga they could have used a bit more.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
To be fair, Force existed in blue before the Rebels
And?

You still had the Tahs, Brumbies, Blues, Highlanders, Bulls and Stormers who wore a majority blue kit.

The last thing super rugby needed was a 7th side in blue.

I only support the idea of the Rebels wearing blue as dark blue has always been the Victorian colours, worn in all sports the old state rugby side wore dark blue

If you think back to the Lions tour in 01 to the kit WA wore then pre Force that’s the design they should have gone for

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I Agree, rebels tahs brumbies and reds do it pretty well

But Western Force stuff it up a bit as they should be Black and Gold - never blue.

Fiji is too blue heavy on the main strip- they have a bit of tropical green and their away strip is white.

But Moana Pacifika literally means like...pacific ocean. So think blue was hard to avoid. However they should be pushing the all teal like their singlet which is awesome

View attachment 12951
When Fiji where in the NRC they wore black and white kits. They should have taken these designs with them to super rugby

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
And?

You still had the Tahs, Brumbies, Blues, Highlanders, Bulls and Stormers who wore a majority blue kit.

I only support the idea of the Rebels wearing blue as dark blue has always been the Victorian colours, worn in all sports the old state rugby side wore dark blue

If you think back to the Lions tour in 01 to the kit WA wore then pre Force that’s the design they should have gone for

And.. if color clash was considered such an issue in Melbourne they should have gone with a different colour, but they didn’t.

If the last thing Super Rugby needed was a 7th team in Blue, then why didn’t the Rebels choose a different colour?

I think it’s a bit hypocritical/ironic to complain about the Force blue jerseys when the Melbourne Rebels were created after and could have gone with a different colour.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
And?

I don't disagree that it would have been good to see the Force wearing gold and black instead of predominantley blue, with gold and black detail, but I'm not sure you can argue the Victorian colours that strongly when they're called the Melbourne rebels. They could've easily gone with something else to avoid clashes and distinguish themselves in the market. Even if they just leaned into any of the more interesting rising jerseys where the alternate colour features prominently that would probably be enough.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Personally I thought the Rebels should have stuck with the hoop design they had in 2007 as the primary design. Can still use similar colours, but the design helps to differentiate. Or even the purple/pink designs the Rising have used from time to time.

Its designs like the Rebels new one, with the skyline which look good up close but are a blur of colours from a far/on tv.
E3F5FA9B-3DD0-4EE3-88C3-BA5F8A206BA9.jpeg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not enough teams are running around in traditional hooped jersey's anymore. It reduces so many clashes when there's good contrast to the colours throughout the jersey, not just in the detailing

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

I agree that the two new teams should never have worn blue, I think the Rebels should have kept moving on with Pink and away from the blue. While I don't really like the idea of Pink I prefer it then color clashes every week. It would also stand out in Melbourne where there are at least 6 other professional sporting teams with blue in there uniform.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Personally I thought the Rebels should have stuck with the hoop design they had in 2007 as the primary design. Can still use similar colours, but the design helps to differentiate. Or even the purple/pink designs the Rising have used from time to time.

Its designs like the Rebels new one, with the skyline which look good up close but are a blur of colours from a far/on tv.
View attachment 12954
The Rebels could never wear purple because of the storm. Don’t mind pink as a secondary colour as a point of difference but not as a primary colour

I really like that jersey you posted

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't disagree that it would have been good to see the Force wearing gold and black instead of predominantley blue, with gold and black detail, but I'm not sure you can argue the Victorian colours that strongly when they're called the Melbourne rebels. They could've easily gone with something else to avoid clashes and distinguish themselves in the market. Even if they just leaned into any of the more interesting rising jerseys where the alternate colour features prominently that would probably be enough.
Run by Victorian rugby to represent the state. They take their imagery from the Eureka Stockade

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Love the hoops, also like the use of pink in the past. Fuck it, go full Stade Français, after all we are the Paris of Australia ;)

We struggle for an identity in Melbourne as it is behind 9 afl teams the storm & victory why not got all out & be bold with our own thing.

Not every team in the state of victoria needs to be the same colour how boring

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Another trial, good to see that the wider squad & development players actually getting minutes

Attachments

• F2DDAE94-1F6F-40BC-A1F9-80B5B337DB2D.jpeg
    F2DDAE94-1F6F-40BC-A1F9-80B5B337DB2D.jpeg
    746.3 KB · Views: 135