• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
who is David Neitz?
First Melbourne player to play 300 games, 7 time club leading goal kicker, won the Coleman medal being the league’s leading goal kicker, won Melbourne’s best and fairest, two time all Australian, captained the club for 9 seasons and has been recognised as a champion of the game by being inducted into the Melbourne Football Club’s Hall of Fame and the AFL Hall of Fame

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
who is David Neitz?

played about 300 afl games & captained Melbourne deamon’s

the announcements keep coming, fully sponsored out jersey

Attachments

• 01B77062-191A-4D5E-968F-76F1E1550BC7.jpeg
    01B77062-191A-4D5E-968F-76F1E1550BC7.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 85

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Aside from agreeing with the too many blue jerseys chat, I actually really like the light blue to navy blue transition on this jersey.

I hate that skyline print though. Not just the Rebels one, but other teams across other codes have done similar stuff over the years, always looks a bit much in my opinion. These jerseys are always the ones that pop up in salvation army shops, they don't age very well compared to the other more traditional styles.

It looks like you could flatten them out, cut the top off and hang them in the reception of an office somewhere.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
played about 300 afl games & captained Melbourne deamon’s

the announcements keep coming, fully sponsored out jersey
Along with Shaw and Partners announced late last year by Rugby Victoria as the major sponsor of the Rebels academy and the announcement yesterday that there will be launching U12s, U14s, U16s and U18s girls comps it is safe to say we are flying off the field

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Damn, Baden Stephenson really stepping up. Kudos to the management team. Lets hope it translates to results.

In other news, 6 boys tied to the Rebels have been selected in the first Junior Wallabies camp. Carter Gordon's younger brother Mason and 4 others from the extended squad plus David Vaihu who we don't have listed as in the squad. Also saw when looking up David that old coach Tony McGahan is director of sport at Gregory Terrace. Hopefully it's a little less stressful.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Damn, Baden Stephenson really stepping up. Kudos to the management team. Lets hope it translates to results.

In other news, 6 boys tied to the Rebels have been selected in the first Junior Wallabies camp. Carter Gordon's younger brother Mason and 4 others from the extended squad plus David Vaihu who we don't have listed as in the squad. Also saw when looking up David that old coach Tony McGahan is director of sport at Gregory Terrace. Hopefully it's a little less stressful.
David is in the wider development squad from memory

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I think the new jersey looks awesome. I like the blending of the two blues and I love the skyline.

Also loving the sponsorship announcements.

The only query I have re: jersey as someone mentioned earlier that it might be too busy and might not work when watching at game or on TV.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the new jersey looks awesome. I like the blending of the two blues and I love the skyline.

Also loving the sponsorship announcements.

The only query I have re: jersey as someone mentioned earlier that it might be too busy and might not work when watching at game or on TV.

Yeah i think the intricacies of the designs around the skyline detail will turn into a blur on tv, will just look like a another blue jersey. Call me old fashion but i like the hoops design.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

Is Mason Gordon training with the main squad? What position?