• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I’d say it will be more than a 23. They are playing 3 x 30min thirds, so expecting they will run out a good 30 players, split up over each third.
Apologies, I got that wrong. 2 x 45 half’s. Squad announced:
1644448512727.png

1644448530379.png

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hope the absence of Pone, Eloff, Hosea and Leota isn’t injury related. With one trail game before the real stuff kicks off I was expecting everyone to get at least 20 minutes

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hope the absence of Pone, Eloff, Hosea and Leota isn’t injury related. With one trail game before the real stuff kicks off I was expecting everyone to get at least 20 minutes
Have to assume injured, Pone has done little opposed work in the training sessions ive seen, the others have all been training, no Wells ( i know he is recovering) no Hodge, no Kellaway either or Jooste for that matter. Kemeny missing as well. Those 4, Wells, Kellaway and Hodge would be in the best 23 one would think. Presume some are resting.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
One thing the Rebels have been world class in is shit team announcements on social media.

Waratahs social media team and their use of abstract colors on infographics would like a word about this 'world class' status

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This is a key area that the Rebels simply must improve with their fan engagement. The AFL club I follow will put out a weekly injury report from the start of preseason matches so you know who’s available and who’s not.

all Super Rugby rugby teams need to do better IMO.

there should be social media guideline and a infographic template packaged released to the teams at the start of the season, designed by professionals and adopted by all teams so there’s some uniformity and a baseline standard across the competition.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
all Super Rugby rugby teams need to do better IMO.

there should be social media guideline and a infographic template packaged released to the teams at the start of the season, designed by professionals and adopted by all teams so there’s some uniformity and a baseline standard across the competition.
100% all AFL sides name the teams at 6:30 Thursday and the following Monday put out an injury report. Having this be uniform across the comp helps people follow the sport

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
100% all AFL sides name the teams at 6:30 Thursday and the following Monday put out an injury report. Having this be uniform across the comp helps people follow the sport
Australian teams did this for SRAu however for SRTT there wasnt an agreement with the NZ teams so it went back to the old 48hr SANZAAR rule.

They need to standardise for encourage engagement with things like tipping, fantasy sports, sports betting etc

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Australian teams did this for SRAu however for SRTT there wasnt an agreement with the NZ teams so it went back to the old 48hr SANZAAR rule.

They need to standardise for encourage engagement with things like tipping, fantasy sports, sports betting etc

uh yeah I remember it was quite good during Super Rugby AU, with teams announced same time weekly….Kiwis ruining everything again

Last edited:

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rebels are pretty firmly in the 'sports betting sceptics' camp. Full signatories to the Love The Game, Not The Odds initiative.

Not to say I disagree on how the media presence could be improved, just that doing it to standardise links to gambling and its adjacent distractions probably shouldn't be the first goal.

Edit: for clarity, referring to the design templates, not the timing of team naming.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

It makes it so much easier for media exposure as well - if the TV news/the papers know they are going to be getting a standard package with all the key information for the upcoming round at the same time every week it's so much easier for them to put a weekly package together.