• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yes, pulled a Wallabies by disregarding the Red card and dominating. Canham has no right being that good, he looks like the nerdy teenager that sells you popcorn at the cinema.

Geez how tall is the blow behind the jump at your local cinema lol, we had a few boy play else where I see. Joey lead brothers to a massive win, Bobby Tuttle had a win over chibba Hanson & Van Nek put in a good shift for Easts with Wilkin coming off the bench.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Canham was a real surprise of the bench, was wondering where he had come from

Looking at him in the air with his hands at his height I reckon he has played at fair bit of aussie rules at chf growing up. Those kick offs he was hitting the contest & taking with ease.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
What are peoples thoughts about getting QC (Quade Cooper) back in the Rebel's colours in a mentor/back-up option? - I've been following on the Wallabies socials and have been impressed - I think it would be great for all the younger squad members.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What are peoples thoughts about getting QC (Quade Cooper) back in the Rebel's colours in a mentor/back-up option? - I've been following on the Wallabies socials and have been impressed - I think it would be great for all the younger squad members.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he harbours interest in coaching development.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think he did well there last time - reckon Gordon would learn more off him then off To'omua - But Quade is still very valuable $ in Japan so can't see it happening whilst he is still a player.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Let him keeping playing division 3 Japanese rugby for 5 times what we could pay him.

The future is Carter Gordan with back ups of Matt To'omua or Hodge to slide into 10. Speaking of Carter he is leading around Wests on sunday with Vudogo on the wing. Dont ask me how but somehow Joey Powell has qualified to play finals & is playing for Brother on saturday.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Let him keeping playing division 3 Japanese rugby for 5 times what we could pay him.

The future is Carter Gordan with back ups of Matt To'omua or Hodge to slide into 10. Speaking of Carter he is leading around Wests on sunday with Vudogo on the wing. Dont ask me how but somehow Joey Powell has qualified to play finals & is playing for Brother on saturday.

The future is definitely Gordon. Carter was interviewed after and said he looking forward to kicking off pre-season in Melbourne in a month or so.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
to be fair, I think Reds tried to keep him - but we went with a bigger offer, clearer route to 1st XV, longer deal & a deal for his brother.
It's a terrible shame that he's not playing NRC this year, as you feel he would really benefit from it.

But from his performances in Super, he is to my mind already superior than plenty of the blokes currently in contention for the Wallabies 10 spot.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
It's a terrible shame that he's not playing NRC this year, as you feel he would really benefit from it.

But from his performances in Super, he is to my mind already superior than plenty of the blokes currently in contention for the Wallabies 10 spot.

I agree it would be better for him if we still had an NRC comp still going but unless someone magically finds $5m extra a yr out of the tv rights its not happening.

As far as wallabies contention is concerned lets just hold our horses a bit need I remind everyone of the numerous young halfs that we have failed to bring through in the last decade?

Hopefully he has a solid 14+ weeks of SRpac he is only 20 at the end of the day

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
to be fair, I think Reds tried to keep him - but we went with a bigger offer, clearer route to 1st XV, longer deal & a deal for his brother.
I spoke to his family after the game on Sunday and they couldn’t speak more highly of the professional outfit in Melbourne and said both boys see their future at the Rebels. A good thing for Australian rugby I guess.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I agree it would be better for him if we still had an NRC comp still going but unless someone magically finds $5m extra a yr out of the tv rights its not happening.

As far as wallabies contention is concerned lets just hold our horses a bit need I remind everyone of the numerous young halfs that we have failed to bring through in the last decade?

Hopefully he has a solid 14+ weeks of SRpac he is only 20 at the end of the day
Oh, believe me, I'm not calling for Gordon to be called up to the Wallabies anytime soon. But based on his (admittedly limited) Super Rugby performances he's already easily shown more at flyhalf than say, Hodge, who a number of people have called to be in the 10 shirt.

I reckon Gordon will be a good shot for at least a bench spot by the next WC.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How bloody good another born & developed Victorian come Rebel will be Wallaby 945.

@Dctarget you'd be doing back flips currently wouldn't you?
Ah ha yes I am. Very excited for Pati. Messaged him this arvo, he's playing it verrrrrrry cool.

I've always found it tough to judge him without bias but I really thought he was top 2 damaging forwards in the TT of super rugby this year for Aus.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
How bloody good another born & developed Victorian come Rebel will be Wallaby 945.

@Dctarget you'd be doing back flips currently wouldn't you?
That’s why I was so annoyed when the news broke he was leaving as he finally started having a massive impact and had been one of my favourites all year. Was so happy to see him change his mind and stay in Melbourne