• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
If I was a external advisor for Rebels I'd pick a different kit, maybe a traditional French kit: Blue jersey, white shorts and red socks:

03076-zoom.jpg

France-1980-adidas-maillot-Juventus-first-half-01.png

These colours are the current colours of the team and you can differentiate your team in a crowded blue shorts market. All the Aussie teams wear blue/navy shorts, maybe just the Force wore black shorts last season. So you don't need an away kit and it's a winning combination, I mean, everybody likes the French flag in kits.

I just thinking out loud. Obviously, the most important thing is play good rugby and win games to attract casual fans

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
We’ve finally found what’s held us back from success the past 12 years. We weren’t French looking enough!

Victorian rugby, and Victorian sporting teams more generally, wear navy blue. It’s our state colour. The pink on the away jersey and training kit comes from our states floral emblem. Fuck dressing like the frogs.

Away kits are the correct solution to the issue you raise. These should be predominately white for all sides.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
We’ve finally found what’s held us back from success the past 12 years. We weren’t French looking enough!

Victorian rugby, and Victorian sporting teams more generally, wear navy blue. It’s our state colour. The pink on the away jersey and training kit comes from our states floral emblem. Fuck dressing like the frogs.

Away kits are the correct solution to the issue you raise. These should be predominately white for all sides.
I'm not talking about the French blue, it could be the Victorian navy blue. The idea is the same

Victorian navy jersey
White shorts
Red socks

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Squad announced tomorrow with a few people we don't know yet. Assuming Gibbon is there, probably good for the front row. Could do with another lock with Hosea, Philip & Leota all injured. Potentially another 8 too. Flankers are good. Scrumhalves are fine. Dunno if we're re-signing Magnay or Ili but with To'omua gone a centre could be handy. Also only 15 is Hodge (sorta Kellaway too) so maybe a 15.

Lock, 8, centre and/or fullback pls.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Squad announced tomorrow with a few people we don't know yet. Assuming Gibbon is there, probably good for the front row. Could do with another lock with Hosea, Philip & Leota all injured. Potentially another 8 too. Flankers are good. Scrumhalves are fine. Dunno if we're re-signing Magnay or Ili but with To'omua gone a centre could be handy. Also only 15 is Hodge (sorta Kellaway too) so maybe a 15.

The website has 31 listed now and looks like players moved on removed from list To'omua etc. so pretty good bet all here are remaining

Brad Wilkin
Cabous Eloff
Cameron Orr
Glen Vaihu
Carter Gordon
Illkena Vudogo
James Tuttle
Jordan Uelese
Josh Kemeny
Lachie Anderson
Matt Gibbon
Pone Fa’amasuili
Reece Hodge
Richard Hardwick
Robert Leota
Trevor Hosea
Ray Nu’u
Stacey Ili
Tamati Ioane
Matt Phillip
Andrew Kellaway
Isaac Aedo Kailea
Joe Pincus
Lukas Ripley
Moses Sorovi
Sione Lolesio
Mason Gordon
Joshua Canham
LeBron Naea
Nick Joost
Daniel Maiava

We also know Monty Ioane and Ryan Louwrens have signed

Some of these guys are on development contracts, so not expecting all to be in Super Rugby salary cap constraints.

MelbourneRebels

Herbert Moran (7)

Squad being announced tomorrow, now.

Carl Manga

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone else hate the team song?

Not that we hear it often, but it is soooo cheesy and it really sucks the joy out of a win.

Despite the themes in Lés Mis, musical theatre is still pretty elitist IMHO and I doubt it resonates with many.

Also problematic is that Donald Trump loves the song and has picked it to be a part of his 2024 presidential campaign, so I hope a change is not far away.

Fingers Crossed.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Does anyone else hate the team song?

Not that we hear it often, but it is soooo cheesy and it really sucks the joy out of a win.

Despite the themes in Lés Mis, musical theatre is still pretty elitist IMHO and I doubt it resonates with many.

Also problematic is that Donald Trump loves the song and has picked it to be a part of his 2024 presidential campaign, so I hope a change is not far away.

Fingers Crossed.
Stick to the Billy Idol yeah