• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Carl Manga

Frank Row (1)
Paying is not ideal I agree, but the fact that this will all be sorted before Round 1 for most members is actually a major benefit to us also frees us up on the first few game days to focus on the game rather than handing out caps and scarves. Plus you have 30 Rebels items to choose from now, rather than two.
I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to pay $10 postage so the rebels membership team can take their seats in the corporate box nice and early on game day. Their focus on the game is of course of the greatest importance.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Paying is not ideal I agree, but the fact that this will all be sorted before Round 1 for most members is actually a major benefit to us also frees us up on the first few game days to focus on the game rather than handing out caps and scarves. Plus you have 30 Rebels items to choose from now, rather than two.
If you have two memberships can you just pay the $10 to get 4 thing’s delivered?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to pay $10 postage so the rebels membership team can take their seats in the corporate box nice and early on game day. Their focus on the game is of course of the greatest importance.
I highly doubt the people in the marketing/community engagement department, that are earning $50k a year (some maybe less or only PT), are sitting in corporate seating on game day. But then again I doubt you’d have an idea on how a club runs or believe these people are corporate leaches. Having worked in the sporting industry before it’s almost always 15-20% below pay standard for similar work in another industry and resources are super tight because of the budgetary constraints. It might not always be a great service but can guarantee the people involved at the ground level do the best they can and definitely aren’t enjoying any corporate perks.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Settle buddy, that’s not what happens at all

Reactions: dru

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well, apologies for the hyperbole, but charging me a tenner so the membership team can "focus on the game" seems a bit rich to me.
Focussing on the game doesn’t mean sitting in the corporate box eating canapés though. There’s 101 other things to do on game day for staff.

Your point about delivery might have merit, but criticising on a baseless claim doesn’t help.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well, apologies for the hyperbole, but charging me a tenner so the membership team can "focus on the game" seems a bit rich to me.

yeah as someone who headed up QRU Events and Operations for while, most staff don't get to even watch the game other then the very top who are working key stakeholders in the main corporate box. I know I'd go full seasons without seeing any of the Reds play at home.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We are going back on the road for away games for the first time in an age, already booked:
Perth (Force)
Sydney (Tahs)
Auckland (MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika))
Dunedin (Landers)
Due to some clashes we are missing two home games (Reds and Tahs), so had to make it up with some away games + GST.
Good on you. Sounds great. Might try and get to the Sydney one.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
While we've got a Melbourne Rebels presence in here, I'll add my annual 2c worth of feedback:

Please for the ever-loving grace of god, turn the farking music and sound down at AAMI. It's not just a volume issue (although sometimes it's been absolutely punishing), it's this creeping Amercianisation of the local sporting experience. We're there to watch the footy and cheer the team, not to be constantly shouted at by blokes with microphones and shitty Nova100 playlists.

The hum and buzz of the crowd is one of the best things about going to a live game, even when it's quieter than usual.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
While we've got a Melbourne Rebels presence in here, I'll add my annual 2c worth of feedback:

Please for the ever-loving grace of god, turn the farking music and sound down at AAMI. It's not just a volume issue (although sometimes it's been absolutely punishing), it's this creeping Amercianisation of the local sporting experience. We're there to watch the footy and cheer the team, not to be constantly shouted at by blokes with microphones and shitty Nova100 playlists.

The hum and buzz of the crowd is one of the best things about going to a live game, even when it's quieter than usual.
Do love the sound of seagulls in a stadium 15-20% full and the team often losing.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
No, because we aren’t playing the Blues in Auckland. If they were, we would still go because we go to all matches, including the ones we are likely to lose. Something about being supportive.
It's just a Latin American joke, mate lol

Last edited: