• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
But WAS he contracted?
There was clearly a time in this process that he wasn’t. Perhaps the original approach was during this period, then the Reds got him to agree to a new contract but he decided to do a round about turn after that which lead to further conversations with the Rebels and then the Force

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
OK, throwing another pigeon into the mix. Did the Rebels ACTUALLY approach Hamish? Have they come out and said they did, or are we just relying on Mafi's word here?

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
OK, throwing another pigeon into the mix. Did the Rebels ACTUALLY approach Hamish? Have they come out and said they did, or are we just relying on Mafi's word here?
Even if they did it doesn’t fucking matter. The melt down has been laughable. We are not going to go ask the Reds if they will release him when we have no clue if he wants to come here.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Heres another pidgeon in the mix.

Did the Rebels or Force approach Hamish (or his management) OR
Did Hamish ( or management) approach the Rebels or Force?

If we get the answer then we might get a clearer picture of what is happening at the Reds.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I see Nathan Hughes has been released by Bristol, he would be a great ball carrying addition to our back row - he is eligible to represent Fiji now

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
He is off to Japan:

“I’m going to Japan,” he revealed to PRTV after Bears’ 42-19 defeat at Sale Sharks on the final day of the Gallagher Premiership campaign.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
I love the Japanese club names "Mitsubishi Dynaboars", sounds like one of the cartoons my kids watched in the 90s.
Just think how much better we would be if we were the Melbourne Titanium Wombats or the Victorian Psychotic Fairy Penguins.
At least he hasn't signed for the "Karita Water Gush" as that sounds slightly unseemly and more than just a little gauche.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not that it matters too much with the Wallabies using near every player available but we can turn out an entire Wallaby front row next year (as can the 'Tahs and the Brumbies...).

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
As is finals time in clubland I had a real good look across the board today, does anyone know what happend to Eltham? Dont tell me we have lost another traditional club?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
As is finals time in clubland I had a real good look across the board today, does anyone know what happend to Eltham? Dont tell me we have lost another traditional club?
Not sure about their seniors, but I don't recall seeing them in any match updates.

Few of their junior players are now down at Quins and BH.