• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
As is finals time in clubland I had a real good look across the board today, does anyone know what happend to Eltham? Dont tell me we have lost another traditional club?
Doesn’t look like they got a side up this year. That’s a shame, hopefully they can bounce back next year

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Our guy would be a Box Hill with some mates but didn't have a team in his age group. No bother - he's slotted into our team very nicely.

I'm happy that the strong clubs are doing well but its just a bit sad we are loosing clubs that have been around for 50+ years, to loose southern dist. & Eltham in 1 year is just horrible. The last thing we want is a 6 club 4 grade comp. The little clubs & the trips away are what make rugby & thats coming from a bloke who played ammos afl for over a decade.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Doesn’t look like they got a side up this year. That’s a shame, hopefully they can bounce back next year
They didn't have numbers for firsts and reserves, and with only about 8 returning firsts, the team wanted to play prem reserves. Vicrugby wanted them to play Prems, so the team withdrew. I think there is a group still training down there.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Gee, appointing Tim Sampson is probably gonna piss off a few of our friends out west.

Better upgrade the capacity on the servers...

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Why? Didn't they let him go?

Yes. But I think some in the west didn't want him to go. My comment more refects the last few years of tension between the clubs, not just specifically this recrruitment.

As Wilson said, glad to keep him in the system. Didn't rate our previous attack coach that much anyway.

No doubt Parling will continue as Forwards coach, with Stiles jumping in as the scrum doctor. Can't keep him caged in an office for too long :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can't say I ever saw the WF attack and thought, damn that's a slick operation. My memory is it was give it to Mataele and cross your fingers.

Then again, I sat through them beating us 3-28 at AAMI, so Sampson's attack can't be any worse.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Can't say I ever saw the WF attack and thought, damn that's a slick operation. My memory is it was give it to Mataele and cross your fingers.

Then again, I sat through them beating us 3-28 at AAMI, so Sampson's attack can't be any worse.
MarK Ozich ex Hawkes Bay Head coach was the attack coach last year, and will again be this year, hence the improvement you saw.

I am very happy for Tim that he has found employment in the field he loves, he is a great guy and very enagaging with fans. You will enjoy having him as part of your set up.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Maybe the Rebels made them let him go (it’s always our fault)…
Simon Cron was appointed head coach of the Force, early this year to take over this month, however Tim was keen to see out the remainder of his contract which epitimomises the type of person he is.

There will be no anomosisty from over west with your recruitement as we are all only too happy for a good guy to be kept in the system and find a new home.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

to be fair - the force never really had a high power roster of attack weapons. It’s a roster made up of Gypsys & journeyman. Other super rugby teams offcasts.

think Sampson will have a better selection of players to work with at the rebels.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Simon Cron was appointed head coach of the Force, early this year to take over this month, however Tim was keen to see out the remainder of his contract which epitimomises the type of person he is.

There will be no anomosisty from over west with your recruitement as we are all only too happy for a good guy to be kept in the system and find a new home.
Agree, his attitude was “team first” the way he saw it through to the end.