• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty pleased with our Australia A boys' performances. Gibbon, Uelese, Fa'amausili is a good starting row with Orr, Mafi, Eloff to come on. Hopefully we get no more injuries with Hosea & Leota out for a while. Starting my naive off season optimism that we can push for top 2 Aussie teams next year. Ah well.

Monty played well on the weekend apparently, good stuff.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Same concerns as the last 2 or 3 seasons tbh. Only major weakness in the best side is the centers and we Need to find some way to keep our best 12 or so Forwards to stay as fit and available as possible.

With a bit of consistency in selection and a more well thought out and executed gameplan there's no reason we couldn't do much better, but the two above will dictate whether we're talking pushing for "2nd best australian side" or struggling not to be last.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very solid front row options. Mafi > Uelese, Talakai > Eloff, Kailea > Oor for me. Rangi also a very good 3rd choice hooker.

Won't have the locks or centres to get the job done on current squad.
Pretty pleased with our Australia A boys' performances. Gibbon, Uelese, Fa'amausili is a good starting row with Orr, Mafi, Eloff to come on. Hopefully we get no more injuries with Hosea & Leota out for a while. Starting my naive off season optimism that we can push for top 2 Aussie teams next year. Ah well.

Monty played well on the weekend

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rebels touring squad named. Wasn't sure whether to post it here or in Reds thread.
Rebels.JPG

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You'd assume team would be:

1. Cameron Orr
2. Jordan Uelese
3. Sam Talakai
4. Angelo Smith
5. Tuaina Tali Tualima
6. Josh Kemeny
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Tamati Ioane
9. Mosiah Christian
10. Carter Gordon
11. Monty Ioane
12. David Feliuai
13. Lukas Ripley
14. Lachie Anderson
15. Nick Jooste
RESERVES
16. Theo Fourie
17. Isaac Aedo Kailea
18. Jaiden Christian
19. Jono Lightfoot
20. Stefan Destounis
21. Cullin Cooper-Jones
22. Angus Blair
23. Joe Pincus

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
You'd assume team would be:

1. Cameron Orr
2. Jordan Uelese
3. Sam Talakai
4. Angelo Smith
5. Tuaina Tali Tualima
6. Josh Kemeny
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Tamati Ioane
9. Mosiah Christian
10. Carter Gordon
11. Monty Ioane
12. David Feliuai
13. Lukas Ripley
14. Lachie Anderson
15. Nick Jooste
RESERVES
16. Theo Fourie
17. Isaac Aedo Kailea
18. Jaiden Christian
19. Jono Lightfoot
20. Stefan Destounis
21. Cullin Cooper-Jones
22. Angus Blair
23. Joe Pincus

Dont be surprised if IAK & Fourie start with Orr & Uelese coming off the bench. The game v the Axemen Jooste was at 10 & Carter at FB with Carter given free range on the attack in the opp half

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone know status of Zac Hough… don’t see his name in the u19 team list nor to the tour of Japan.

guessing he has picked up a injury keeping him out of yours or squads

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know status of Zac Hough… don’t see his name in the u19 team list nor to the tour of Japan.

guessing he has picked up a injury keeping him out of yours or squads

got injured pretty badly in the Colts Semi Finals (or it might have been the last round)

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Got my membership organised y day & just asked the question about this weeks game being streamed & got a reply this morning saying they are doing everything they can to get one worked out.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Got my membership organised y day & just asked the question about this weeks game being streamed & got a reply this morning saying they are doing everything they can to get one worked out.
Love that. Would be good to see them in action. I haven’t renewed mine yet. Currently I have two general admission memberships so I can take a mate for free. I like sitting behind the sticks but I was also thinking of upgrading it just not really sure at the moment.