• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Not great for Rob to hear it's still "the majority of the campaign" but it was to be expected with Matt.

Angelo probably the most exciting one: looks good from Hospital Cup highlights and he'll be familiar with a number of our boys.

I think it was expected for Rob as well, he did his achilles in july so that about a year normally isnt it?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Tim Cardell is an English 26 year old lock, 1.93m tall, who started 5 times and benched 18 times for the Wasps.

Ekusi is a Tongan 21 yo flanker from the blues with two caps.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not great for Rob to hear it's still "the majority of the campaign" but it was to be expected with Matt.

Angelo probably the most exciting one: looks good from Hospital Cup highlights and he'll be familiar with a number of our boys.
No Philip is such a blow. Dude is in career best form.

Leota seems to be injured more than he's fit.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Tim Cardell is an English 26 year old lock, 1.93m tall, who started 5 times and benched 18 times for the Wasps.
I have 55 caps (22 starts) at wasps for Cardall, over 6 seasons and a variety of competitions.

No surprise at all to hear Angelo Smith has signed, I think it's been on the cards for a while. He had a great season for wests last year, keen to see how he makes the step up.

When is Hosea due back and what does this leave the Rebels lock pairing looking like? For mine I'd probably have Canham as the best of those still fit, but I don't really rate Tualima who's now the most experienced option of the existing squad. I'm guessing they'll want to bring Cardell pretty much straight in to the 23, not sure how good he is but he's the only experienced guy they've got.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I have 55 caps (22 starts) at wasps for Cardall, over 6 seasons and a variety of competitions.

No surprise at all to hear Angelo Smith has signed, I think it's been on the cards for a while. He had a great season for wests last year, keen to see how he makes the step up.

When is Hosea due back and what does this leave the Rebels lock pairing looking like? For mine I'd probably have Canham as the best of those still fit, but I don't really rate Tualima who's now the most experienced option of the existing squad. I'm guessing they'll want to bring Cardell pretty much straight in to the 23, not sure how good he is but he's the only experienced guy they've got.

Goes to show you the inconsistency of Rugby Data doesn't it!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Goes to show you the inconsistency of Rugby Data doesn't it!
Yeah, it's never been the same since we lost espnscrum and their database. All rugby is my preferred for looking at individual player stats, but it's not great for aggregation and annoyingly Japan is completely absent. I cross reference with ITSRugby when I know there are Japanese stats to check (also has some Rugby League stats, though I'm not sure how complete/accurate they are).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
477A49E6-AEA3-4171-A1EC-D0B598E43DF8.jpeg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
no Uelese, Rangi, Gibbon, Talakai, Hosea, Kemeny, Wilkin, Louwrens, Ili, Palu, Kellaway, Monty Ioane, Hodge

Good to see Nu’u is still with us

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
no Uelese, Rangi, Gibbon, Talakai, Hosea, Kemeny, Wilkin, Louwrens, Ili, Palu, Kellaway, Monty Ioane, Hodge

Good to see Nu’u is still with us
A little disappointing. All the talk about cohesion yet it only works when people actually play together. Obviously some injured or other reasons but with such a short season, all players should be available as often as possible.