• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Brumbies 2.35pm 07/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I just went back and watched it on my phone and it seems innocuous. I assume there must be head contact involved.

edit:
“With respect to sanction, the Foul Play Review Committee held the act of foul play was late and dangerous with direct and forceful contact made head-to-head. Whilst the player attempted to pull out of a late tackle, he was always high and there was no applicable mitigation. The FPRC found a high degree of danger and the conduct merited a mid-range entry point of 6 weeks. “

Last edited:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Based on this one and the Swinton suspension it seems like a late hit is going to get looked at far more seriously than a tackle gone wrong.

The underlying issue in both of them was laziness. They were too high and did nothing to avoid the contact. The reality for both of them is a big tackle in the ribs would have almost certainly got away with no card, zero suspension and possibly not even a penalty.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
The late hit didn't look like too much but it was clearly shoulder to head. I didn't notice it during the game but I'm not surprised Kemeny got time for it.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
he won the game. Carter gordon lost. better luck next time champ

yeah I’m sure Carter would of preferred the win.
But in the H2H battle CG stock further rose. NL going to need a big next couple of weeks to put CG on the outside looking in on the wallabies squad

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
yeah I’m sure Carter would of preferred the win.
But in the H2H battle CG stock further rose. NL going to need a big next couple of weeks to put CG on the outside looking in on the wallabies squad
yeah i love having a flyhalf who leads a losing side. what could possibly go wrong!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
yeah i love having a flyhalf who leads a losing side. what could possibly go wrong!

well thank lord your not a coach.

Noah is a average talent on a great team
CG is an exceptional talent on a mediocre team.

imagine the rolls reversed. Noah not getting the praise Carter would be if he’s steering around the rebels.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
well thank lord your not a coach.

Noah is a average talent on a great team
CG is an exceptional talent on a mediocre team.

imagine the rolls reversed. Noah not getting the praise Carter would be if he’s steering around the rebels.
exceptional... pump the breaks champ.

And I am actually a coach of a reasonable level and experience and can see past the shiny new player who has achieved absolutely nothing in his career...

i cant believe we are talking about Carter Gordon as exceptional. he is a prospect, nothing more than that yet

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Your judging a player on wether his team wins or not. Not taking into account that a player might have a better skill set on a bad team.

So how do you think Noah performs leading the rebels? Think they’d be worse off with him.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Your judging a player on wether his team wins or not. Not taking into account that a player might have a better skill set on a bad team.

So how do you think Noah performs leading the rebels? Think they’d be worse off with him.
settle down Carters cousin...

Hes a good prospect, Hes not exceptional.

Noah has achieved more with his "Average Talent" as you put it than Carter has with his exceptional talent.

Let him develop

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
The envy in these forums blows my mind. Must be weird having the brumbies success live rent free in your head to the point where shit canning them at every turn is the only way you can get your rocks off!

Status
Not open for further replies.