• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
very, very, very frustrating, shit night of rugby. Rebs once again architects of their own demise helped along by the construction efforts of Lees ! multiple games this year when they have been unable to turn possession into points.
Stirzaker has thrown two intercept passes for end to end tries in the last four games

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I have never been totally convinced by Debreczeni at 10. Such a pity that Hegarty was played out of position and was injured early on. He should have come off the bench to add a little composure at 10.

His best contributions at 10 are his willingness to take on the line and look for the off load, and his flat passing. But at this stage of his development I think he would be better suited at 12. Would have liked to see Hegarty at 10, Debreczini at 12 and Inman at 13 with Crawford either on the wing or at full back, preferably in place of Mike Harris.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeh baby! Really happy with that win. Defence was awesome and the badger led the way with it. The force just wanted that one a little bit more then the rebbles. Heiburg and stunder stood up and made the losa of the big dog bareable.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The force had a really good win on the back of really good defence. They tried to use the ball but just don't have the confidence. Some of you blokes on here are being over the top. It was a pretty good game of rugby. Disallowed trys from both sides and heaps of close ones.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Did anyone else notice some words being exchanged by one of the Rebels players, not sure who it was and a few of the Force players in the post game handshake?

There was a little pushing as well. What was that all about.

Agree with Daz, the game was very poor. Both sides threw away possession and executed poorly. Place kicking was shocking.

D

daz

Did anyone else notice some words being exchanged by one of the Rebels players, not sure who it was and a few of the Force players in the post game handshake?

There was a little pushing as well. What was that all about.

Agree with Daz, the game was very poor. Both sides threw away possession and executed poorly. Place kicking was shocking.

I spoke to some guys after the game, there was a bit of heat around some niggle off the ball during the game. Lots of niggle. Words were spoken post game, but as always it evaporated pretty quickly in time for the Higgers presentation.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I spoke to some guys after the game, there was a bit of heat around some niggle off the ball during the game. Lots of niggle. Words were spoken post game, but as always it evaporated pretty quickly in time for the Higgers presentation.

Hodgson attacked blokes' heads at many rucks I saw. Pretty uncompromising stuff

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Hodgeson should have also given away about 6 times the penalties that he did during the match.

Including one at the very last ruck of the game, after the final bell and within JD's kicking range (probably in Mike Harris' as well but he couldn't hit the side of a barn in this game).

D

daz

Hodgson attacked blokes' heads at many rucks I saw. Pretty uncompromising stuff

Yes, that was the source of much of the tension. The Rebels blokes certainly let the Force boys know how unhappy they were at the post game handshake.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Well the Force got the win but the game was dire. Harris had an off night with the boot which I think was the Rebels undoing.

Foley was triumphing how they gutsed it out with about 35% possession and it was extraordinary to win with that much ball, but that is the Force's season in a nutshell. Slow down the opposition ball and tackle and kick the ball away, that seems to be extent of the Force's strategy, any win when that is the plan is of course out of the ordinary, which is why the force are absolutely dead last on the ladder.

Hodgson had a very McCawesque performance, lying everywhere over the ball pretending he's not interfering.

Thought Heiberg is his first run on match really took his chance, got hit hard a couple times and it didn't phase him. Stander's D was also good when he came on, I think the Force have missed his contributions off the bench this season. He should have started at 8 because Cottrell is not an 8.

The Force in their 10th year emulate their first and finish last. Not sure what Foley's excuse is considering the time he has had with this team. He needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.