• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Sam Jeffries was terrific off the bench for the Rebels. He brought some real physicality to the game and presumably played more minutes than he ever has before.

In hindsight it would seem that perhaps Neville wasn't excluded because he was leaving and it was a decision based on form.

D

daz

I thought Sam Jeffries was terrific off the bench for the Rebels. He brought some real physicality to the game and presumably played more minutes than he ever has before.

In hindsight it would seem that perhaps Neville wasn't excluded because he was leaving and it was a decision based on form.

Yes, I thought his physical presence was immense. He was pretty emotional after the game, based on how hard he worked but couldn't help get the win.

It warmed my heart to see that kind of passion. I'll take a bloke like that in my team over any ego-driven show-pony any day of the week, even if I had to accept less ability.

D

daz

In terms of pure size and general skillset he's fine. Needs to straighten out a lot of things though.

Yep, but he is just a baby in terms of Super Rugby lock development though.

In time, and with hunger, he will work out just fine.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll be interested in seeing which locks get picked for the Rising NRC.

Jones will probably get allocated to us via the Wallabies squad, but whether we select all 3 of Timani, Cummins and Jeffries and play Timani in the back 3, or just pick 2 and let the other one go back to Sydney.

D

daz

Yeah, it depends what model they use for the Rising season; play the second tier for development, or play a defacto Rebels team like last year.

I would not mind seeing Cummins and Sam get decent runs, and I would love to see Timani have a crack at 8.

A good chance to see another combo at 12 and 13 as well, given Mitch is not likely to run out in the NRC.

We should continue this convo on the Rising thread, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.