• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Highlanders 29th May 2pm @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I suppose Wray had to finally penalise sealing off given he’s let the Highlanders do it all game.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Strange one because if the Rebels were going for the try and were down near the Highlanders’ 22, presumably the Highlanders would have just kicked it out if they got the ball rather than risk being knocked out?

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
Strange one because if the Rebels were going for the try and were down near the Highlanders’ 22, presumably the Highlanders would have just kicked it out if they got the ball rather than risk being knocked out?
Exactly right. The Rebels had nothing to lose playing an extra 5min. Punting the ‘landers out of the top 8 might have made the post game beers a little awkward, but having 4 Aus teams in the finals would be better for Australian rugby and the Wallabies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Happy for a win, can't let those go. Shame we couldn't help WF. But we would've fucked it somehow I'm sure.

Don't think Pone should be near a Wallabies 23, too many brain dead penalties and bricks for hands. Cabous is a level above IMO.

Nice to see MT have a good game. As everyone said literally before the season: 10. Gordon 12. To'omua is our best lineup. The ol' dog still has some tricks, did some trademark huge hits and nice try assists.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Lukas Ripley looks to be a winner. Keep his development going, put Kellaway back at wing, only missing piece is a solid 13. In saying that, I think Kellaway made about a third of his tackles attempted, a real worry for the Wallabies (and Rebels), our midfield defense with him was shocking.

Weird to see that this weekend I think at least 3/5 Aus teams had ascendant scrums. I assume that'd be due to Philip, Canham doesn't have too much meat on him. Also, Wilkin, very industrious but what's the point when you give away 3 penalties a game. I can shout that the ref is wrong as much as I want but keeps getting pinged.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Fairly ordinary game skill wise wasn't it? I know the Clan in finals, but really can't see them lasting beyong next week , they just seem so lost or something. Mind you I suppose if Force had snuck through they would go out just as easy as the Clan, but c'est la vie with 8 teams qualifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.