• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Highlanders 29th May 2pm @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Well. Well done rebels. Real shame they didn't try to get the force in the finals. After a rollercoaster of a week the force did really well to give them selfs a chance. No way they would have been able to travel to Auckland and be competitive after all the games and travel in the last week I guess.

I would love to know who made the call not to go for the try ? Tamooa didn't seem happy about it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
1FEFD0A5-A940-4923-AECB-839E1304442D.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lukas Ripley looks to be a winner. Keep his development going, put Kellaway back at wing, only missing piece is a solid 13. In saying that, I think Kellaway made about a third of his tackles attempted, a real worry for the Wallabies (and Rebels), our midfield defense with him was shocking.

Weird to see that this weekend I think at least 3/5 Aus teams had ascendant scrums. I assume that'd be due to Philip, Canham doesn't have too much meat on him. Also, Wilkin, very industrious but what's the point when you give away 3 penalties a game. I can shout that the ref is wrong as much as I want but keeps getting pinged.
Ripley is a centre

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well done rebels good win. Just need to tighthen up defence and can go much further next season. Pleased to see rebels and force finish this season well.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
The highlanders would not have tried to run the length of the field if they stole the lineout-they would have just kicked it out,,they had secured their spot in the finals

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
As a neutral supporter this was a cracker of a game. Honestly after an objectively shit season for the rebels fans, what a great way to reward them for sticking with the team. Gives fans bit of hope for next season too...

For that reason i think they made the right call at the end.

Sad to say the reds were the only team without a kiwi scalp this season

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
As a neutral supporter this was a cracker of a game. Honestly after an objectively shit season for the rebels fans, what a great way to reward them for sticking with the team. Gives fans bit of hope for next season too...

For that reason i think they made the right call at the end.

Sad to say the reds were the only team without a kiwi scalp this season
Yes telling reds only side without a kiwi scalp..

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The highlanders would not have tried to run the length of the field if they stole the lineout-they would have just kicked it out,,they had secured their spot in the finals
Not sure if you had noticed how dumb some of the Highlanders play was broken, they just might of tried it.
But regardless the Rebels only job was to win game, not try and make it so Force made finals, and I understand as a Force man you would want them to keep going, but realisically I doubt whether Force or any team would of done different in same situation.
I will add most supporters of team that missed finals could very well think the same as you too.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So I am torn on kicking the ball out,

Helping the Force, couldn't care less (Sorry Force fans, just the way it is)

Knocking Highlanders out of finals, yes. They knocked us out a few years ago in the final round of the season. So I think pay back should have been on the cards.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So I am torn on kicking the ball out,

Helping the Force, couldn't care less (Sorry Force fans, just the way it is)

Knocking Highlanders out of finals, yes. They knocked us out a few years ago in the final round of the season. So I think pay back should have been on the cards.
Eh get the win. People say there's no way of fucking it up grossly underestimate the Rebels.

Bank it, generate positive momentum and go regroup.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If the 13 and 1 Blues lose to the 4 and 10 Highlanders this weekend I will never visit this goddamn forum ever again.
I think you pretty safe DP, really can't see it happening. There's no more chance of that than there is of Moana Pasifika at 14th place would beat 3rd place Brumbies!! ;)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
If the 13 and 1 Blues lose to the 4 and 10 Highlanders this weekend I will never visit this goddamn forum ever again.

A quick peek at wikipedia shows Blues have played Highlanders 33 times 1996 to 2019. Won 17, lost 16. With a winning percentage of 51.5%. And I am pretty sure that since it is a Blues home game, the Gordon Hunter Memorial Shield is up for grabs as well. Highlanders 10 wins, Blues 9. I am sure the Highlanders will be no trouble at all to the Blues this weekend. Nothing to be even slightly nervous about.

Status
Not open for further replies.