• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Highlanders Super Rugby Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Another handling error leads to a 'Landers try. Getting away now.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK this is tiring. Seeing Aussie teams go down to a Kiwi kicking game like this.

Where the hell is the anti-territory game plan and execution.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We are in love with the mythical concept of "running rugby" which is somehow uniquely Australian.

Methinks it is a hangover from too much exposure to FiveKick and the narrow attention span of their fanboys.

G

galumay

Lovely pass by Deb to Osborne and he runs away for another try!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Thompson lifted above horizontal and speared head first? Not much above horizontal, but all the same.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
In the previous game wasn't a player sin binned for a similar lifting tackle? And they actually released and didn't injure the tackled player???

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Debreczeni should have improved his consistency and decision making after 20-odd games.

Hit by a few injuries tonight too Placid hurt his shoulder. I think English may have been injured too. I assume given Ellison was replaced by Fuglistaller and Reid playing in centres that Tamati was injured too.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Another gem from George Gregan "because of 6-2 split on bench Reid is playing in centres" George we had Stirzaker, Crawford and Hodge on bench looks like a 5-3 split to me.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Aus Rugby needs more than just the Brumbies firing. Time for some soul searching.

Also, rectangular stadium is no rugby pitch. Too late for this season, but they need to be growing grass with root depth, not in samd, right now for next year.

Hopeless.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Time to find a new 10. Debs has reached his ceiling, not showing any more promise.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Debreczeni should have improved his consistency and decision making after 20-odd games.

Hit by a few injuries tonight too Placid hurt his shoulder. I think English may have been injured too. I assume given Ellison was replaced by Fuglistaller and Reid playing in centres that Tamati was injured too.
I don't think he's been helped this year by Meehan looping passes behind him, but yeah. He really hasn't improved in the way you'd expect him to.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
kickfest from the Landers.

did they really win the match 27-odd to 3 while managing zero line breaks?

They are too close to Morne Steyn's Blue Balls for my liking.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Highlanders are cetainly the real deal this year, 2015 was no fluke! Aaron Smith guides them around the park beautifully, one of the world's greatest rugby players at the moment. They play with great energy, and literally no-one ever misses a one-on-one tackle.

A few things to like about the Rebels tonight, scrum was solid, and i reckon the backrow was great. Thompson playing his best for a few years, Reid is a real goer, and of course McMahon all year has just been outstanding.

Unfortunately they also have some issues. Debreczini kicks well, but the rest of his game's barely up to Super Rugby standard, Inman just a big straight runner, pretty quickly worked out by good sides, Meehan kicks too often and not well enough, and their line-out went backwards tonight. If I was McGahan I'd have Stirzacker and Hodge starting over Meehan and Placid next week, but I don't know where they get a 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.