• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds 25/03 @ AAMI

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Rebels outsmarted the Reds in gameplay and also in squad development to be frank. Mafi and Tualima looked better than they ever did for us which has to speak to something. Gordon really coming into his own and looks confident. Tuttle finished off the game very well.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Carter Gordon is a decent set goer. Still a few rough edges but seriously has a red hot go and so far ahead of the other 10’s atm.
His improvement and impact this season is incredible

Didn't think much of him previously and thought the likes of Donaldson and Edmed were well ahead - he has raced past them and Lolesio as well imo.

And that's with a backline that doesn't posses the name-brand Wallabies stars others do.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ryan Smith you absolute weapons-grade DRONGO. God knows what the comms were going on about, it was a jersey hold, he pretty much left the TMO with no option.

Jesus Christ what a game. Glad I tuned in for that one. Tense as hell right to the final bell

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
As a general comment on the state of the game and not to be inferred as pertinent at all to this match: refs love blowing that fucking whistle until they don't.

Doubting Thomas

Stan Wickham (3)
Reds were gassed resulting in missed tackles, poor discipline and scrappy play - players go missing while trying to get their second wind. Some players not fit enough to play 80 mins. Reds coaches not adapting to the new laws (quicker/more play). Not using their bench effectively. Out-coached.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reds were gassed resulting in missed tackles, poor discipline and scrappy play - players go missing while trying to get their second wind. Some players not fit enough to play 80 mins. Reds coaches not adapting to the new laws (quicker/more play). Not using their bench effectively. Out-coached.

Timing of the WC sucks - we probably need to look past Thorn but who's available?

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Timing of the RWC is good? After the RWC there will be a lot of sackings or moving on from Test assistants
True, but surely we'd like to sure up our coach for next year pre October?

Who's at the helm surely helps with player recruitment & retention.....

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Timing of the WC sucks - we probably need to look past Thorn but who's available?
Timing of the World cup is just about ideal for changeover, but the play is likely to elevate Heenan. It'll be important to get the right support structure around him if that's the case. If not, I still think they should be planning for Heenan as a future HC, so you want an elder statesman to bring him along over a couple of years.

The bigger question is probably if Cordingley continues - if you bring in an experienced head coach/DoR in his role it's a lot easier to take the punt on Heenan.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well, it's like I said to my mate at the start. I expect the rebels will score plenty but concede plenty. If we can improve our defence a bit we might be a very good side.

I have to say I have found our games to be very entertaining this year, no matter the result, but I do like the wins better.