• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, 27 June @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Bob McCowan (2)
Just re watching the game after being there last night. The rebels were really poor most of the game. But the referee was diabolical. I usually rate him, but he missed so much and have the reds everything. Awful ref performance but would not have made a difference to the score as rebels didn't turn up

Casper

Bob McCowan (2)
Just re watching the game after being there last night. The rebels were really poor most of the game. But the referee was diabolical. I usually rate him, but he missed so much and have the reds everything. Awful ref performance but would not have made a difference to the score as rebels didn't turn up

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
No offence meant Lindo as I don't mind the Reds knocking off the Tahs but the thought of us killing off the Force's finals hopes has me conflicted. Deep down I really want the Force to grab that finals berth to cap off a real bloody admirable season for them. They arguably have the most loyal fans in Australia and I think they deserve it too.

I want to see the reds go as hard as they can and make the force work for a spot in the finals. we get enough critcism from nz and sa about the aus conference being too easy. nice sentiments though mate!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think if they can't beat the 12th team they don't deserve to be there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I agree and we don't have a bright track record over there and we are a good chance at getting rolled. Force set piece is much stronger than the Rebels for a start.

In no way am I advocating we roll over and play dead for them. I actually do want my side to win.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Just watched the replay of the game (yes I am a masochist). McGahan is totally disengaged with the team in the sheds at half time... WTF!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just watched the replay of the game (yes I am a masochist). McGahan is totally disengaged with the team in the sheds at half time. WTF!

Well, he probably said at the start "don't go giving away stupid penalties - especially you, Higgers!" and then figured after that dire half of tripe, they weren't listening anyway

D

daz

Just watched the replay of the game (yes I am a masochist). McGahan is totally disengaged with the team in the sheds at half time. WTF!

I can't speak for this occassion, but I think you will find that half-time in the sheds after a dire first 40 by the lads is usually when Tony really does let rip.

He can tear strips off with the best of them.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Just a little too keen. Better than too passive I say.

Better to make a mistake at 100mph than to hesitate.

Casually rewatching the game right now as I'm too awake to sleep and too tired to get anything productive done..

Frisby was solid but I think the two tries in 7 minutes is pulling the Red wool over some eyes. His passing was shocking at some points and there's just no reason at all that a Super Rugby 9 should be throwing multiple passes a the ears of his first receiver in a single game.

Also taking mysteriously long to get to some rucks but camera angle makes it hard to tell exactly why.

Rod looked like more of a footballer and less of a track star than I can remember seeing before.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The new police safety slogan to address the road toll.

Right up there with "L-Plates. The perfect time to try out that V8 you have always wanted".

I can't speak to anywhere outside of Brisbane (primarily Bulimba and the CBD) but the roads in your country are fucking terrifying enough as it is - and not because you all drive on the wrong side!

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I can't speak to anywhere outside of Brisbane (primarily Bulimba and the CBD) but the roads in your country are fucking terrifying enough as it is - and not because you all drive on the wrong side!

Try Italy. Road rules, lanes and even common fucking sense is totally optional. Nearly got cleaned up there last time. Next time I go to Lake Como it's on the Train.

T

tranquility

Driving in Brisbane? May as well be driving in Boggabilla as far as road insanity.

Try hook-turns in Melbourne and driving in peak-hour in Sydney. That's the real wild west.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ease up on Sydney drivers, sunny boy. They may be hectic (too fast for you?) but drivers in Australia's birthplace are VERY definite on what they, and others should, do. Understand that and you're fine. And be polite and thank others when they help you.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ease up on Sydney drivers, sunny boy. They may be hectic (too fast for you?) but drivers in Australia's birthplace are VERY definite on what they, and others should, do. Understand that and you're fine. And be polite and thank others when they help you.
I'm with @tranquility on this one. Sydney drivers are frikken scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.