• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Friday 15 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
reds have been a bit disappointing tbh. maybe its the previous game skewing my perception, but the reds should have roflstomped the scum tonight, some very conservative play relying on the counter. they will need to lift a couple of levels next week.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Murphy is an absolute joke. The hurrying of the halfback in the final minute… how is that consistent with the rest of the game?

Pretty sure it’s not .5 second to get the ball out

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Probably Rebels best game of the season.

Two Reds tries against run of play - McReight steal and intercept try - ultimately the difference.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good game - rebels very good in attack and much improved. hard to judge the reds performance as they had good moments and rebels opened them up at times, but maybe just not giving enough credit to the rebels. Kiwi games I guess will tell more where at.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
For rebels Philips was immense and the axis of Tuttle and To'omua key difference why rebels so much better. Lost that control and momentum imo when Powell came on.

for reds Mcreight superb as well as paisami and Tate very good..also thought Wilson good value

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I didn’t think it was Wilson’s best night. He was heavily involved but I just didn’t think he seemed as effective tonight.

But I do know I thought he was a bit quieter in a game earlier in the year and he topped the run metres and was right up there in the tackles, so I won’t be surprised if he was a lot better than my impression.

I like the fact that across the board our backrowers seem to all get through a lot of the heavy graft.

McReight was superb once again.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I didn’t think it was Wilson’s best night. He was heavily involved but I just didn’t think he seemed as effective tonight.

But I do know I thought he was a bit quieter in a game earlier in the year and he topped the run metres and was right up there in the tackles, so I won’t be surprised if he was a lot better than my impression.

I like the fact that across the board our backrowers seem to all get through a lot of the heavy graft.

McReight was superb once again.
Just getting better and better.

Reactions: TSR

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
McReight MoTM surely. Vunivalu looked like he was playing against children. Paisami was kept quiet by an out of position Kellaway which is impressive.

Lukhan looked big and impressive then disappeared? Injured?

Wells ineffective, think we need a new captain because he’s not in our best back row. Wallis needs to work on his tackle technique, will knock himself out very soon at this rate, constantly getting head on wrong side.

if Tupou started that scoreline would’ve been way worse.

Reactions: TSR

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Really fun and wild first half, bit more restrained second. Both teams clearly told to reign it in a bit at halftime. Rebels looks decent and really tried to aim up - they seem to be steadily improving and with a few more cattle yet to return I’mreally hoping they can jag an upset win in the TT. The man I was watching most closely (other than McReight who was great) was Vunivalu. Some nice little touches but also some rusty ones too. I think just getting some game time under his belt is a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.