• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Debreczeni went off with Concussion, protocol says he should miss a week too, I think.

having watched the crusaders game and much of the NRC I would be very happy as a tahs fan if the rebels lost both stir and Deb for this match - going to turn out to be great players

D

daz

Stizaker really needs to keep the "enthusiasm" in check if he is going to be a longterm captain prospect, two games out of there so far now he has been carded

Stirz is a genuine prospect, no question of that. I do, however, think he is in real danger of becoming far too predictable and a penalty magnet, and he has discovered a recent ability to slow what should be quick ball from time to time.

With experience comes experience, so to speak, but it is staggering the difference when Burgo comes on, in purely ref management terms alone.

A great example of that was late in the weekends match; the ball was trapped in the breakdown (and may or may not have been playable), but Burgo was making such a show of the fact he couldn't get the ball out and a Saders player was over the ball, that the ref pinged the Saders on the spot.

In similar circumstances earlier in the game, Stirz got himself a yellow and a week off.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
A great example of that was late in the weekends match; the ball was trapped in the breakdown (and may or may not have been playable), but Burgo was making such a show of the fact he couldn't get the ball out and a Saders player was over the ball, that the ref pinged the Saders on the spot.

In similar circumstances earlier in the game, Stirz got himself a yellow and a week off.

yes, both Braveheart and i commented on that above ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Waratahs really have to settle back into better patterns of play with their forwards. The backs were crabbing a LOT last week because the forwards weren't doing enough off the ball. Then when we DID, the backs fucking dropped it.

Hoping our set piece strengths continue - Kepu would have loved the boost he was getting from Skelton who looked like he had real desire in the loose, and the ability to deliver, too.

Just need to lay the platform.

Rebels need to take a leaf out of the Force book at blaze away at the ruck. I'm going to watch the Rebels v Cheats game tonight hopefully to see what their form is like.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yep. Reminded me of late career Gregan who would throw the ball into any opposition player late in retreating onside.

Referee management is crucial. Gregan again was a player who ran his mouth too much, often putting the referee offside, to Australia's disadvantage.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scott Higginbotham has been found not guilty of stamping on McCaw and is available for this week.

#Justice4Higgers

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Forecast for Friday is 33 degrees, glad we had a 7 day turn around. Good Beer weather :)

Will be at Post Office on Swan St with OzTimmy before the game, good beer and Pizza for any of you Tahs fans making the trip.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Rebels can't believe they played that well , The Waratah's can't believe they played that pedestrian ( I can't say badly after the Reds/Brumbies match) Maybe they'll cancel each other out ... Both teams have something to prove , game should be a cracker. Foolish to pick a winner yet ahead of selections , suspect Cheika will allow the boys to redeem themselves (Hows Dave Dennis knee?) but with McGahan its anyone's guess with Stirzaker out , Neville conspicuous by his absence - Timani taking his chance with both hands , Debrezcini head knock .
Tahs: I'm really liking the way Rob Horne goes about his business , and expect Potgieter to put a line in the sand after a relatively quiet one (by his standards) , Beale generally puts in a big one against the Rebels . AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs a big one and Benn Robinson needs to listen to Kenny Roger's "The Gambler" when near the paint ! and Folau aiming to re assume his role as a try magnet .
Rebels: MacMahon on fire , Jones & Timani going hard in defence and attack , English a dangerman , Higgers capable of enterprising rugby (not including stomping on elder statesmen of NZ rugby ).... I know what I'll be watching Friday night !

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
The tahs were unbelievably soft last week. I would have hooked Beale but I can't see this happening.

Same team, hope its an abberation otherwise heads to roll following week.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Thankfully God's Chosen One, Higgers was cleared, Scott just doesn't have it in him to be guilty of such a dastardly crime:):)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The tahs were unbelievably soft last week. I would have hooked Beale but I can't see this happening.

Same team, hope its an abberation otherwise heads to roll following week.

I think they may be a bit more angry this week, cleanouts were too inconstant and the Rebels will attempt to make the ruck a mess

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is that the one by the train tracks? If so, can vouch for the tasty pizzas.

I should also point out the ONLY thing they cook there are Pizzas. Get your order in early, otherwise you'll get a random Pizza selection. Luckily the last time it happened to me I upgraded basic to meat lovers.

If you want other food there is an OK Kebab joint up the road (upgraded to wonderful after a few Lagers) and the Richmond Club Hotel serves a cracking Parma (5 doors up from the PO Hotel.

D

daz

Game talk aside, can I just say how awesomely happy I am that our boys are back at AAMI this week?

Damn, I love game days.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Rebels can't believe they played that well , The Waratah's can't believe they played that pedestrian ( I can't say badly after the Reds/Brumbies match)

Had the Tahs been playing the Brumbies in Canberra last weekend, I reckon they would have lost by 30 point.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Peter Betham and Pat McCutcheon join the matchday 23 from last Sunday for the trip to Melbourne.

Lots of milestones in this game.

Benn Robinson equals Phil Waugh on 136 caps as the most capped NSW player ever.

Taf moves to 3rd with 122.

Cliff Palu moves to equal 5th with Chris Whitaker on 107.

Bernard Foley plays his 50th Super Rugby game and Adam Ashley-Cooper and Stephen Hoiles play their 50th for the Waratahs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCutcheon is an odd one, I can't see who he'd replace. Betham straight in for Taqele you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.