• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
because it's easier to pronounce? ;)

I've got no worries with Taqele. Naiyaravoro just rolls off the tongue!

Next time we're on the podcast together I'm going to make you have a crack at the new Brumbies prop Leslie... I won't just accept Makin.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.45.52 pm.png
I've got no worries with Taqele. Naiyaravoro just rolls off the tongue!

and his defensive assignments - presumably he's on a last chance with betham coming onto the becnh

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Peter Betham and Pat McCutcheon join the matchday 23 from last Sunday for the trip to Melbourne.

Lots of milestones in this game.

Benn Robinson equals Phil Waugh on 136 caps as the most capped NSW player ever.

Taf moves to 3rd with 122.

Cliff Palu moves to equal 5th with Chris Whitaker on 107.

Bernard Foley plays his 50th Super Rugby game and Adam Ashley-Cooper and Stephen Hoiles play their 50th for the Waratahs.

Congrats to Benn - that is a huge effort and a lot of supporters are happy to see waugh go to second place:)
Same to TPN and Palu - all great servants to NSW rugby

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Surprised there were no additions to Rebels injury list. Just Tom Kingston. Surprised Jack D wasn't an addition with concussion. Particularly as that was his second head knock in 2 or 3 weeks

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
View attachment 5804

and his defensive assignments - presumably he's on a last chance with betham coming onto the becnh

In order that Betham gets a good run, maybe we'll run with a 4:3 split on the bench this week.

I'm looking forward to seeing the scrum battle. Ledesma seems to have revolutionised our scrum, but Sunday just might have been a one-off too.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
So who will TT tell the boys to stomp on next? Izzy Folau or maybe we will give Michael Hooper's rapunzelesch locks hair a pull this week. Who knows but one things is for certain the trophy is heading south of the border this year

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So who will TT tell the boys to stomp on next? Izzy Folau or maybe we will give Michael Hooper's rapunzelesch locks hair a pull this week. Who knows but one things is for certain the trophy is heading south of the border this year

Has to be Kurtley Beale does it not? Had one of the worst games of his career and has to follow it up with a trip to Melbourne where his career went on a downward spiral.

Although I wouldn't complain if they targeted Hooper this week, if we go with the 5 man back row he could really struggle to dominate in his usual fashion.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Benn Robinson only has 127 Super Rugby caps according to his Wikipedia and the Tahs website says he has 126 and 133 provincial caps.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
would be better for Jack D to miss a week, irrespective of how he is feeling

It worries me too, but apparently concussions don't necessarily work like that. Some people will be fine after a week, some will still be feeling symptoms for months after. I trust the medical staff.

Betham is miles better than Naiyaravoro, I'm glad he's not starting.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I trust the medical staff..

i'm a doctor and i wouldnt

my point is that the effects of concussive head injuries are cumulative. the longer the brain has to recover between "hits" the less effect the next knock has. i think he should be rested even if he can still get int "MENSA" this week

Reactions: Tex

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
According to the Rebels FB person:

jack d.PNG

Didn't actually catch the incident, but he didn't look great when coming off. I'm no Doctor (but at least we have one on the Rebels thread now) but even if there is some doubt you would have thought that a 'regular' medical practitioner might err on the side of caution. Meanwhile, I hope he hasn't sustained an injury to his eye.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't know, risking an eye is a slippery slope. Before you know it he'll be on here complaining that Higgers is the only logical choice for wallabies captain and that we should be playing all our home Bledisloe matches in Melbourne.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Hard game to call. Hard to tip against the Rebels but I reckon Tahs will bounce back. Tahs by 1

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
According to the Rebels FB person:

View attachment 5805

Didn't actually catch the incident, but he didn't look great when coming off. I'm no Doctor (but at least we have one on the Rebels thread now) but even if there is some doubt you would have thought that a 'regular' medical practitioner might err on the side of caution. Meanwhile, I hope he hasn't sustained an injury to his eye.

I reckon that's a bit cheeky from the Rebels.

Jack came out of the line and executed a front on tackle in the 13 channel. He was led off by staff holding his arm and looking dazed. Not once did he grab his eye, squint etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.