• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
ot, there's no fucking way Pfitzy would EVER tell anyone Tooheys is a good beer! If it was free he might consider washing his car with it. VB on the other hand, good for watering the garden and not much else.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In my defence, Daz did the opening stanza in order to besmirch my character.

My return fire not only tore a hole in the fabric of the time-space continuum, but I'm reasonably sure alien civilisations are on their way here, now, to worship me.

Now if you'd all like to keep it down, I have my application for Waratahs CEO to complete.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
In my defence, Daz did the opening stanza in order to besmirch my character.

My return fire not only tore a hole in the fabric of the time-space continuum, but I'm reasonably sure alien civilisations are on their way here, now, to worship me.

Now if you'd all like to keep it down, I have my application for Waratahs CEO to complete.

From a Reds perspective, your appointment would be welcomed

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Righto, crystal ball time again:

- McMahon and Colby to pester Hooper and shut down alot of his game.
Potgieter, Beale and Phipps to fire, Foley looks a bit distracted by the prospect of Sushi and Saki
- Folau and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to carve through them out wide with Horne bagging another double.
- Tahs set piece to improve for the second week in a row.
- Rebels rugged defence to be hurting after a mammoth effort last week, but still will put in until the 55th minute, at which point the game will loosen up, letting the tahs break away with the game.

Tahs by 16

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Righto, crystal ball time again:

- McMahon and Colby to pester Hooper and shut down alot of his game.
Potgieter, Beale and Phipps to fire, Foley looks a bit distracted by the prospect of Sushi and Saki
- Folau and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to carve through them out wide with Horne bagging another double.
- Tahs set piece to improve for the second week in a row.
- Rebels rugged defence to be hurting after a mammoth effort last week, but still will put in until the 55th minute, at which point the game will loosen up, letting the tahs break away with the game.

Tahs by 16

Well readers of my past posts will know that I usually have blind faith in the Rebels but I just think the Tahs match up against us really well. I have to agree with Hans except for the margin. It will be closer than that but not close enough for me to bet on the points spread.

Our pack to be pushed around but to do enough at the breakdown to keep us in it for 60 min. Our improved backline will make it closer than last year's contests and the Tahs are still running out some kinks. Tahs by less than a try.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
P.s. honourable mention to the Post office but it is the precinct for me. Still get fat yak, rugby is telecast so can catch the earlier NZ game and more variety of food. Same early order rules apply though.

Still if my usual peeps cannot make a game this year I will trot down the extra 100 metres and have a drink with Oz Timmy andand Kevin O. It would be good to meet you guys after reading so many posts.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
P.s. honourable mention to the Post office but it is the precinct for me. Still get fat yak, rugby is telecast so can catch the earlier NZ game and more variety of food. Same early order rules apply though.

Still if my usual peeps cannot make a game this year I will trot down the extra 100 metres and have a drink with Oz Timmy andand Kevin O. It would be good to meet you guys after reading so many posts.

The more the merrier. I'll be out front, just look for the balding ex-prop with a pint in his hand.

The main reason why I don't go to the Precient Hotel is they don't allow patrons to wear club colors. So unless you are not wearing any fangear or have a plain jacket you won't get in.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
BREAKING NEWS - through on the wireless:

Cliffy Palu is out of tomorrow nights game due to "knee soreness". One would assume Hoiles moves to 8, and McCutcheon onto the bench. Shame for Cliffy and the tahs, he needs to fire this year for the sake of the tahs & wallabies. Hopefully its only a week long injury and not something more long term.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fox suggests Burgo starts, Meehan on the bench, no other changes, but yet to see on Rebs website.

Think once burnt, twice shy, TT won't make changes he doesn't have to.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yes. Hoiles is the replacement. No word on the bench change yet.

Disappointing to lose Cliff. Hopefully it is just the single week. Might give Tala Gray or Jed Holloway an opportunity soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.