• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Kings Super Rugby R9 - Saturday April 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Melbourne vs Across the ditch

Rebels vs Blues we won
Rebels vs Crusaders we won
Rebels vs Hurricanes we won

Rebels vs Highlanders we lost, payback time for round 18.

I am guessing the Kiwi teams don't like Melbourne to much. All Blacks don't have a great record here either.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
All Blacks don't have a great record here either.
Hardly call 4 matches a record. Even stevens in the professional era: Aus (98, 2007), NZ (97, 2010).

Guess we are due for a win in 2022, or whenever the ARU decide the rest of Australia can watch a game (different discussion all together).

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
great news.
not sure if eveyrone say but there are 2 for 1 gold and silver tickets available for the game saturday. buy on ticketek with the promocode REBBOGO
get some people around it.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Kings:
15 George Whitehead, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Andries Strauss (captain), 11 Ronnie Cooke, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Shaun Venter, 8 Cornell du Preez, 7 Wimpie van der Walt, 6 Devin Oosthuizen, 5 Rynier Bernardo, 4 Steven Sykes, 3 Grant Kemp, 2 Hannes Franklin, 1 Schalk Ferreira

Substitutes: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Kevin Buys, 18 David Bulbring, 19 Jacques Englebrecht, 20 Nicolas Vergallo, 21 Marcello Sampson, 22 Siviwe Soyizwapi
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Catrakilis-returns-for-Kings-20130410

D

daz

Haven't really watched any of the Kings games this year.

Any future stars in that team worth keeping an eye out for?

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Daz

They have a great backrow. Maku who is reserve hooker has a great future. They also have a wing called Pieterson who is not playing who is really quick. This is not a bad team and they have a good coach in Alan Solomons.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Haven't really watched any of the Kings games this year.

Any future stars in that team worth keeping an eye out for?

No out and out stars I don't think Daz. Their loose trio is probably their strength I would think. Big strong guys who make plenty of dominant tackles and hit the gain line hard with ball in hand. Look for Jacques Engelbrecht to make an impact when coming off the bench - very damaging ball runner. Sergeal Peterson on the wing has plenty of pace, but this is is first year out of school and has to develop more physicality if he wants to be a star at this level. Has potential though.

Edit - Baldric beat me to it and I have basically echoed what he said!

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Henderson,
Robinson,
Alo-Emile,
Pyle,
Neville,
Jones,
Fugli,
Higgers (c),
Phipps,
O'Connor,
Vuna,
Sidey,
Inman,
Woodward,
Kingi

RESERVES: Horie, Weeks, Reid, Saffy, Stirzaker, Mitchell, Roberts

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Don't understand the selection of Kingi at fullback, has defensive issues on the wing, but been great in attack.

Woodward at fullback.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i reckon kingi is best when he can rove around and hit the line at pace and throw his steps. he is good on the wing, but someone else pointed out here, his defensive frailties are less exposed at fullback where it's just one on one defense most of the time.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Kingi is miles better at fullback than he is on the wing. Woodward scored two tries last week and could have had at least one more. It's a no-brainer. A lot of teams are playing one wing almost as a second fullback these days, don't be surprised to see Kingi and Woodward swapping around a fair bit.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Game day! Fire up!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn1/17760_10200910973239143_339475857_n.jpg

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wow. Stauss and Whitehead sure can work with not much time.

Edit: Said space, meant time. Guess I'm Einstsien.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kings have certainly built on that game against the Brumbies. Solid defense, taking their opportunities. Forwards are really creating the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.