• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Sharks - 2011R04

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This weekend the Sharks have a good change of a double in Aus after they struggled last year in Aus. Shame JP is gone. They surely wont play the Brumbie way against them , will keep it tight with the fatties and leave it to Lampie magic to keep the score sheet ticking.

Hope to see a bit of JP du Plessis in this game.

L

Lachlan

See JP Du Plessis. He trialled poorly (apparently- I didn't see any of him) and is behind a couple locals in the outside backs. A shame really, he certainly looks like a good athlete.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rebels named:

1 Nic Henderson
2 Ged Robinson
3 Greg Somerville
4 Alister Campbell
5 Kevin O’Neill
6 Jarrod Saffy
7 Michael Lipman
8 Gareth Delve (VC)
9 Nick Phipps
10 Danny Cipriani
11 Cooper Vuna
12 Julian Huxley
13 Stirling Mortlock (C)
14 Lachlan Mitchell
15 Mark Gerrard

Bench
16 Heath Tessmann
17 Laurie Weeks
18 Hugh Pyle
19 Tim Davidson
20 Richard Kingi
21 Afusipa Taumoepeau
22 Luke Rooney

McQueen staying loyal. Was Byrnes injured? Only change to the starting side I can see. Tim Davidson on the bench.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Don't know anything about Byrnes being injured, but with the amount of niggle he gets in to McQueen may be resting him for his own safety. I think he has been very lucky so far, especially in the Brumbies game, not to have given away more penalties.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
3/9/2011
Injury update: Round 4

By Rebels Media Unit

The RaboDirect Rebel’s progress in round three was hindered by the untimely injury to lock and chief lineout caller, Kevin O’Neill. Desperate to face his former side, the big Kiwi travelled with the side to Hamilton but failed a fitness test on the Friday before the game. Kevin suffered from a grade one calf tear but is expected to be back in action this week.

Such a late withdrawal is always problematic to a side’s preparation, but is particularly unfortunate when the injury is to such a crucial organising figure.

Outside back, Luke Rooney, is another who is expected to return to contention for the round four clash at home to the Sharks. He presented with soreness after the Brumbies match but a precautionary scan revealed a grade one abdominal strain, ruling him out of the trip to New Zealand.

Longer-term absentees, James Hilgendorf and Hoani MacDonald are both recovering well from surgeries to repair injuries suffered in round one. Both men are aiming to be available for selection following the club’s bye week in round eight.

The club is also anxiously awaiting the progress of several soft tissue injuries suffered in last Saturday’s game against the Chiefs.
from http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/1625/Default.aspx That might be your answer there though.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks:
1. Tendai Mtawarira
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. John Smit
4. Steven Sykes
5. Alistair Hargreaves
6. Keegan Daniel
7. Willem Alberts
8. Ryan Kankowski
9. Charl McLeod
10. Patrick Lambie
11. Lwazi Mvovo
12. Meyer Bosman
13. Stefan Terblanche
14. Odwa Ndungane
15. Louis Ludik

Reserves
Craig Burden
Jannie du Plessis
Anton Bresler
Jacques Botes
Conrad Hoffman
Jacques-Louis Potgieter
Adrian Jacobs

Wise to put Jannie on the bench and give Smit his change to start after all the moaning and groaning and Aussie bitching of the Force match. I would have start with Botes and gave Alberts a break from the bench. Strong team this , Sharks by 20+

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bugger...had J de P in my fantasy team, still have a transfer (and few $$$$) up my sleeve...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Really bad defence from the Sharks letting in that try.

Update: Make that 'tries'

I know commentators cant control having a slight amount of bias toward their home country's teams but this commentary would have you believe the Rebels are up by 50.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
18-13 Rebels, Half time. Go the Rebels

Looks like their combinations are starting to gel. Yoda is owning the Beast also.

O

OrangePeeler

Big Al Campbell looking the goods.

Who is packing behind Somerville?

Status
Not open for further replies.