• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Sharks - 2011R04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
One more thing, Cipriani is a superb player. It's a real shame he is not eligible to play for Australia! I hope he makes it back into the England squad as he is clearly can offer them that x-factor in the backline.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Exactly, The force averaged 28'500 in their first year, with a population the third of Melbourne. Pretty shit crowd figures IMO.

But the Rebs were very enjoyable to watch. Good on them for showing their heart.

Eh, Perth sees more test rugby than Melbourne. It's not surprising really. Perth also doesn't have League to compete...on any kind of level. League doesn't even exist in Perth, and neither does soccer really. Rugby Union is the only alternative to AFL in Perth.

C

chief

Anyone else think Pollock's refereeing was a little bit strange on occasion. He sent Vuna to the bin but earlier on there was a similar infringement, but closer to the line.

Great game by the Rebels though, thoroughly enjoying game.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Was anyone else pleasantly surprised by the scrums? I.e they stayed up, were not endlessly reset yet were still a great contest.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone else think Pollock's refereeing was a little bit strange on occasion. He sent Vuna to the bin but earlier on there was a similar infringement, but closer to the line.

Great game by the Rebels though, thoroughly enjoying game.

And you're expecting consistency from Pollock??? I reckon Paddy has him and Bryce Lawrence down as the next great referees, which means they can be as bad as they like and they won't get reprimanded.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Great game. Superb tries from Vuna and Cipriani.

I think the Rebels would be better off with Mortlock as inside and Huxley as outside centre.

The refs are o.k. We just need two or more per game as there is twice as much going on at twice the speed than there was before the advent professional rugby. How many refs in a NFL game?

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
One more thing, Cipriani is a superb player. It's a real shame he is not eligible to play for Australia! I hope he makes it back into the England squad as he is clearly can offer them that x-factor in the backline.

Also seems to be a bit unfair the Australian's headline that his error cost them the match. I think he had a big part in keeping them in the match. Has he also got the best stats of any Oz kicker in the comp?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Also seems to be a bit unfair the Australian's headline that his error cost them the match. I think he had a big part in keeping them in the match. Has he also got the best stats of any Oz kicker in the comp?

This! Was a completely ridiculous headline - especially when you think about Huxley's contribution.

D

daz

I hope he makes it back into the England squad as he is clearly can offer them that x-factor in the backline.

Personally, I think Flood is making huge strides in his game at the moment, and his style also shows a deep understanding of the current English set-up.

With the ever-green Wilko on the bench, the 10 jumper is pretty well covered. Still, I do see Cips offering the English team something in the future with a bit more maturity and experience.

Having said all that, I have this gut feeling that Cips is only one or two scandalous headlines away from extending his exile from the International scene....certainly as long as MJ is in charge.

D

daz

Was anyone else pleasantly surprised by the scrums? I.e they stayed up, were not endlessly reset yet were still a great contest.

I thought the Rebs did an outstanding job in the tight 5. Sommerville dominated the Beast, and that penalty against the Rebs for "turning" the scrum seemed more to be the Beast back-peddaling.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
One more thing, Cipriani is a superb player. It's a real shame he is not eligible to play for Australia!.

who says...couldn't some local teenage football groupie get impregnated by him....saucy pics, shotgun wedding and voila :p

Status
Not open for further replies.