• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
He finished school in 2007 and was signed immediately to the senior squad.

Please get your facts remotely in-tune with reality before you make such bold statements.

I really don't need to stick up for the guy, as his future is in his own hands. But facts are always relevant.

re-read.....Some how i got lost and thought we were talking about CFS...my mistake.

However on the note of toua, i think bench would benefit him as well. As i don't think he is bonafide starter either and anyone who has come back from serious injury would tell you that it take a while to feel like your not drowning on the field.

EDIT: And before you lose it I actually like Toua and think he has some skill but 2 years is a long time to be injury riddled

T

tranquility

I'm not losing anything. I just think if you want to be brash, that you have to be one of either ignorant or arrogant. Unfortunately they don't function well con-currently.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think sticking with these newer guys is a very smart move. They look like they will find their feet and I trust the coaching staff know what they are doing here.

Better than waiting for injuries to set in before you are forced to throw these guys into the deep end (kinda happened to the reds last year).

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't understand your brash insinuation, considering I made two observations on a discussion board? (granted one was on the wrong subject). I just made the 'lose it' statement as you have gotten angry over previous comments made by a favourite player of yours.

In any case I think Toua has had his go and should be demoted to the bench until he is on his feet. As we have people like Morahan who are proven performers and offer a similar style to toua out of the squad.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
There is little doubt that Toua is a talent and I think he will be up for S15 but I just don't think that is yet, due mainly to his injuries over the past number of seasons. I have heard that he is very nervous about re-injuring his hammies and therefore think there is a lot for him to gain by playing a few games for the "A" team, nothing more so than confidence. And I mean that in every sense of the word, confidence in his self, in his hammies, knee, getting through games etc. Bring him into the Super fold when he is comfortable and sure of himself.

I'd also like to point out that Moz is the same age as him with close to 40 Super caps to Aidan's less than 10. People sometimes forget how young Moz is... his form screams for him to be selected in the starting 15. Although I think Link likes bringing him on with 30/20 to go for his "x-factor" and all out attack.

something

Jim Clark (26)
He was rubbish.

Can people stop furiously hyping him up, and let the kid learn the ropes at professional level? FFS he's not going to be the saviour of the Wallabies against the Lions!

He made the try saving tackle on conrad smith in the 79th minute... pretty happy he was on the field for that one... im not saying he is a saviour but to call him poor in his first full 80 mins is a bit harsh

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Good to see Horwill out of his moon boot on Rugby HQ tonight. Hopefully he's not too far away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)
Thoughts on Lance starting at 15 and Toua being left out completely? Lucas must be a half chance now that he has been named on the bench... Personally think he may start if proved fit enough. Don't know if Frisby has it in him to play a full 80..

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Lucas was cleared of the shoulder injury but Frisby had trained there all week. He would not be on the bench if he wasn't right, anything can happen.

Not fond of Toua yet, never seen him in club rugby though. With that said I'm happy to see Lance in the 15 jersey. He did run on in that position in the GF 2 years ago.

Morahan is the tough call. Looked very good in his cameos so far. If not for Harris' boot, not sure he would be on the bench. Lucas is the other kicker so maybe Link does not have full faith in QC (Quade Cooper) yet. My bench would have been the following but understand the reasons it probably wasn't done.
20. Lucas
21. CFS
22. Morahan.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saia Fainga'a is playing extremely well as of late. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reserve, or even starting, hooker against the Lions.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
you reckon over moore? moore has experience & IMO brumbies have a much better line out, also a safer option than Saia. Saia is is a menace in the rucks however & would be really good off the bench
Moore is the 2 for the Lions. Saia is playing his way into the 16 jersey quite nicely.
He's definitely ahead of Charles and TPN. I'd say he and Moore are even right now and form from here on will dictate who starts and who is on the bench.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
He was rubbish.

Can people stop furiously hyping him up, and let the kid learn the ropes at professional level? FFS he's not going to be the saviour of the Wallabies against the Lions!

Have Australian Rugby public really haven't learnt from the past? They nearly destroyed Beale through this over hyped bullshit.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
He's definitely ahead of Charles and TPN. I'd say he and Moore are even right now and form from here on will dictate who starts and who is on the bench.
Charles even being mentioned as a possible Wallaby is laughable right now.

But Moore has to start. He is easily the best hooker in the country.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Just saw it mentioned on Foxtel. They said he was backing up a family member in a pub........
............Didn't know he was related to Quade!

Status
Not open for further replies.