• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Reference that statute/art-work to be built at Suncorp recognizing Queensland rugby. Any renders or further details of what it may look like/located, time-frame etc

MrTimms, RugbyReg?

I would love to see a statue of John Eales at Ballymore or Suncorp. What pose would you have him in though? taking a lineout catch? Or when he jumped and rejected a penalty goal? or "That Kick" in enzed or holding Bill up?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Holding Bill aloft would be great but it's hardly a Reds thing. But then again, is the statue a QLD thing or a Rugby thing?

W

What2040

I would love to see a statue of John Eales at Ballymore or Suncorp. What pose would you have him in though? taking a lineout catch? Or when he jumped and rejected a penalty goal? or "That Kick" in enzed or holding Bill up?

is there enough brass in Queensland to have Nobody in a lineout pose ????

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So we agree, penalty rejection. Now where? The spiritual home of qld rugby but where very little rugby is played, none of which is professional. or the spiritual home of league but where all professional rugby in the state is now played

T

TOCC

Im not sure its a statue of an individual player...
the description seemed to allude to a structure with 13 pillars, each pillar represents a decade of rugby in the state... ie. 130 years of rugby.. It has been confirmed it will be built at Suncorp.. But

I sort of wonder about he location though.. Suncorp Stadium is the spiritual home of rugby league.. Ballymore is the spiritual home of rugby union..
Yes the wider public will get to see it at Suncorp, but its still not the spiritual home.. In the future if there are ever statues acknowledging rugby union greats, will they sit alongside Lockyer and Lewis or out at Ballymore.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Im not sure its a statue of an individual player.
the description seemed to allude to a structure with 13 pillars, each pillar represents a decade of rugby in the state. ie. 130 years of rugby.. It has been confirmed it will be built at Suncorp.. But

I sort of wonder about he location though.. Suncorp Stadium is the spiritual home of rugby league.. Ballymore is the spiritual home of rugby union..
Yes the wider public will get to see it at Suncorp, but its still not the spiritual home.. In the future if there are ever statues acknowledging rugby union greats, will they sit alongside Lockyer and Lewis or out at Ballymore.
the description seemed to allude to a structure with 13 pillars, each pillar represents a decade of rugby in the state. ie. 130 years of rugby.. It has been confirmed it will be built at Suncorp.. But

I wasn't speculating on what this monument will look like.
Just dreaming of another possibility I would like to see. And finding out what other people will see.

I like this pillar idea but is a little boring. I don't mind the location as putting my realist cap on, I don't see professional rugby coming back to ballymore. Sadly.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

Which end of the ground will it be at? League sought of owns Caxton Street, nothing on the Milton Road end though.

T

TOCC

havent read any more details in regards to the structure.. i was asking if anyone had any further details..

Reds already at 11'000 members for 2013

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
havent read any more details in regards to the structure.. i was asking if anyone had any further details..

Reds already at 11'000 members for 2013
Jeez, the Tahs will struggle to reach that number by March. Well done to QLD!

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Which end of the ground will it be at? League sought of owns Caxton Street, nothing on the Milton Road end though.

Plenty of room at the Milton end. Hell they could do 130 pillars at there instead of worrying about the Caxton Street side.

T

TOCC

Richard Graham officially comes on board today as a Reds coach, RugbyWA had prevented him from 'officially' joining any earlier I believe..

Also, Reds still have 1 position to fill in the squad, must be searching far and wide, the squad for 2013 is supposed to be full by now according to RUPA

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Richard Graham officially comes on board today as a Reds coach, RugbyWA had prevented him from 'officially' joining any earlier I believe..

Also, Reds still have 1 position to fill in the squad, must be searching far and wide, the squad for 2013 is supposed to be full by now according to RUPA
I think you have till Dec to fill the squad and the EPS not to be named till end of OCT if i remember correctly.

T

TOCC

Reds have a strong coaching structure and a playing roster full of now experienced and talented players.. no need to pray when you have good planning and retention

Status
Not open for further replies.