• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I saw quirks prem form......Curtis' has been better. But maybe it's the whole he is younger so he looks better conundrum but still I haven't seen quirk and arguably butler change a games momentum like browning has.

T

tranquility

This was Ed first year out of school. All Tigers fans will remember him enjoying the battle, getting stiched up and going back on. He was electric that season. I think the fact that he is now big enough to not be used as a 7 at Super Level will help him bed down the role as a 6, with Higgers out of the equation (from the bench admittedly).

Attachments

• ed-quirk.jpg
    ed-quirk.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 196

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I saw quirks prem form..Curtis' has been better. But maybe it's the whole he is younger so he looks better conundrum but still I haven't seen quirk and arguably butler change a games momentum like browning has.

Yep the too young problem is a big one. The backrow is a rough calling, brains of Einstein (maybe a slight exaggeration but you get my point about having to be a smart footballer) and the physicality of the Hulk. It takes time and experience for them to grow into this.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
This was Ed first year out of school. All Tigers fans will remember him enjoying the battle, getting stiched up and going back on. He was electric that season. I think the fact that he is now big enough to not be used as a 7 at Super Level will help him bed down the role as a 6, with Higgers out of the equation (from the bench admittedly).

Browning couldnt have done this........only because he doesnt bleed he just cases the opposition to ;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Draw announced for Reds:

Shitty formatting. See attached

Attachments

• 2013 Draw.png
    2013 Draw.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 210

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
No afternoon games for the Reds next year. I would have thought they would have scheduled in at least one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's exactly right though.

This year was the first time the Tahs have been granted a couple of afternoon fixtures. Next season we have two Sunday afternoon games.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Bit annoying how we have to fly over to Perth for the Force, come back to play the Sharks at Suncorp and then head back across Australia for our South African tour.

Atleast the boys get a week off before facing the Lions!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
That's a pretty good draw if you ask me. The only really difficult away games are the Chiefs and Stormers.

I wouldn't be discounting the Highlanders at home either.
I don't know if having just one game, against the Waratahs, after the Lions tour is a good lead up into the finals.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't like only having 1 week back after the break before finals compared to 3 weeks back for the NZ & SA teams.

Especially as it could be a season deciding match against the Tahs.

Sold out matches for each franchise against the Lions will bring in more $$ overall than a finals match or 2 though and hopefully it'll just mean the NZ & SA teams are more injured than us.

Also not real keen on the Tahs potentially getting an easy 5 points against the Force by playing them just after their Lions match but what can you do.

Hopefully Reds are good enough be way out in front by the time the break hits.

T

tranquility

The Reds 2012 season was nothing short of amazing considering the injury toll we had, I have the utmost confidence in our entire group. Players like Jono Lance, Quirk, Tapuai, Frisby, Toua, Sautia, McDuling, Butler have so much to offer and most of these blokes barely even got on the paddock due to injury or age. Then you throw in players like Browning and others into the EPS and I think we have enough depth to give it an almighty angelical shake.

Stay in QLD and win Championships Sam Lane.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
To the disappointed one-eyed Red that is upset you are not getting the Kings this season is that they have slotted straight in for the Lions who you would have missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.