• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
News that Quade has said he will stay with the Reds for the 3 years regardless of what happens with the ARU.
I know it's nothing official or probably just a rumor. But atleast it is a good rumor?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
News that Quade has said he will stay with the Reds for the 3 years regardless of what happens with the ARU.
I know it's nothing official or probably just a rumor. But atleast it is a good rumor?

Where's this come out of tiger? Great news!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

If this does eventuate it puts serious weight behind his comments of late.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Chris Gary, a Courier Mail jorunalist tweeted
BREAKING: Quade Cooper met with @Reds_Rugby officials tonight and pledged to see out 3year contract regardless of ARU dealings. @couriermail
And then his article was in todays paper, and then further re-tweeted by QLD Rugby, which makes it seem legit.
QUADE Cooper will remain at the Queensland Reds for the next three years, after a heart-to-heart meeting with Reds chief executive Jim Carmichael.
Cooper and Carmichael had coffee in Brisbane yesterday afternoon and the star flyhalf confirmed he did not want to leave the Reds and was "100 per cent committed" to seeing out his contract.
"I go on the record as saying Quade Cooper has no interest in leaving the Reds," Carmichael said last night. "He loves playing for Queensland and his country and he has reaffirmed his commitment on several occasions.
"Call me old-fashioned but I take him at his word.
"It is no secret that Quade is disillusioned at the moment.
"He's a highly competitive rugby union player who wants to help his province, and his country to be the best, and I can understand this. We are working closely with him to deal with his frustrations."

Carmichael said he was frustrated with speculation linking Cooper to NRL clubs.
"Frankly as an organisation and as a code we are tired of reading the speculation about him leaving to join the NRL," he said. "This is an old story that has no merit and is up there with the nonsense that Ewen McKenzie would join the Waratahs as head coach a few weeks back.
"I'm tired of reading about those from outside our game."
Cooper earlier this week labelled the Wallabies set up a "toxic environment" and disparaged the "boring" game plans of coach Robbie Deans.
However his discontent with the Australian Rugby Union is not enough to force him out of the code. Cooper wants to stay in the game so he can fix its problems from the inside and return it to the attractive spectacle it once was.
"Quade is aware that we as a governing body are working on a range of issues relating to this (discontent)," Carmichael said.
"From our part we are working with all of the stake-holders in the game, including the ARU for a good outcome for rugby."
Cooper's anti-ARU comments have seemingly made it impossible for Deans to select him.
Two player managers with clients across both codes said Cooper was unlikely to leave the Reds anyway as his base wage in Super Rugby was worth more than any NRL club could offer next season.
Yet NRL club Sydney Roosters, which will house Cooper's good friend Sonny Bill Williams next season, are still very interested in making Cooper an offer.[/
QUOTE]

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Can anyone tell me if the Reds have their full quota of players for 2013, or is there one spot still open?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Can anyone tell me if the Reds have their full quota of players for 2013, or is there one spot still open?
Only 29 players on the website, so maybe one player to be officially announced....a prop maybe? Have heard the EPS is also selected, but has it been announced anywhere?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Only 29 players on the website, so maybe one player to be officially announced..a prop maybe? Have heard the EPS is also selected, but has it been announced anywhere?
Didn't Shepherdson leave and Jeremy Tilse was expected to sign? Maybe that is it.

EPS might look something like
1- Kevin Davis (or another local prop, JP Smith?)
2- Blake Enever
3- Curtis Browning/Jarrad Buttler (I know Buttler is signed but not sure if it is EPS or Full)
4- Some halfback from somewhere
5- A fly half (Dion Taumata/UJ Seuteni/?)

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
A Khoder Nassar client agreeing to take a substantial pay cut for the next three years?
You are dreaming.
Remember he told the Dogs on many occasions that he accepted that their contract with SBW was bulletproof!
What happened there?
Don't know where he is going, but there is a plan "B".
Had QC (Quade Cooper) listed specific grievances, or stated exactly what his terms for playing in the yellow jersey were, you might believe his motives.
It's a little tricky to comply with an ultimatum if the demands are non specific.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
A Khoder Nassar client agreeing to take a substantial pay cut for the next three years?
You are dreaming.
Remember he told the Dogs on many occasions that he accepted that their contract with SBW was bulletproof!
What happened there?
Don't know where he is going, but there is a plan "B".
Had QC (Quade Cooper) listed specific grievances, or stated exactly what his terms for playing in the yellow jersey were, you might believe his motives.
It's a little tricky to comply with an ultimatum if the demands are non specific.

Dreaming?
Maybe, but I was just raising the possibility as mentioned in Wayne's Smith article.
And as a marquee player for the Reds wouldn't he also be free to play in Japan or Europe to top up his pay packet?
Maybe that's Plan B.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That actually makes sense if this was in a vacuum, what do you think the ARU would be saying to the Reds in this scenario?
JON would make it clear he would make life a misery for anyone involved in this scenario.
Yes he is departing.but he still has the ear of the board.He will have a big influence on the next coach and CEO.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
I know what you're saying, but with Reds' membership numbers being so high I just can't see them giving up on QC (Quade Cooper) without looking at all possibilities.

T

TOCC

That actually makes sense if this was in a vacuum, what do you think the ARU would be saying to the Reds in this scenario?
JON would make it clear he would make life a misery for anyone involved in this scenario.
Yes he is departing.but he still has the ear of the board.He will have a big influence on the next coach and CEO.

When JON leaves it will be a changing of the guard, many of his 'allies' will also be removed from their positions... I highly doubt the board will even be in the same structure in 18months time.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Didn't Shepherdson leave and Jeremy Tilse was expected to sign? Maybe that is it.

EPS might look something like
1- Kevin Davis (or another local prop, JP Smith?)
2- Blake Enever
3- Curtis Browning/Jarrad Buttler (I know Buttler is signed but not sure if it is EPS or Full)
4- Some halfback from somewhere
5- A fly half (Dion Taumata/UJ Seuteni/?)

Butler I heard was EPS. Enever i am not sure i heard he was upgraded to take Van Humphries spot but i could be wrong and browning was supposed to move in to EPS behind him.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
When JON leaves it will be a changing of the guard, many of his 'allies' will also be removed from their positions. I highly doubt the board will even be in the same structure in 18months time.
I think you might be right, but was does that mean in terms of signing QC (Quade Cooper) against JON's wishes now?
(I think there is more chance of JON agreeing to sign QC (Quade Cooper) under certain terms,than JON accepting QC (Quade Cooper) signed outside his sphere of influence)

T

TOCC

I think you might be right, but was does that mean in terms of signing QC (Quade Cooper) against JON's wishes now?
(I think there is more chance of JON agreeing to sign QC (Quade Cooper) under certain terms,than JON accepting QC (Quade Cooper) signed outside his sphere of influence)

who said its against JON's wishes...

JON said he is going to talk to Quade and his manager when he gets back from Pretoria after the whole situation has had a bit of time to cool off...

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I was referring to him being signed as a marquee.
He would only be a marquee if JON did not give an ARU top up.
IMO no way would JON want him in the Reds without an ARU contract.
They couldn't discipline him if he mis behaved, and they would look pretty stupid if QC (Quade Cooper) found his mojo and the Wobs were struggling with their 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.