• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Doesn't matter where they were born. Where they were bred. What matters is where they are playing now and if they are eligible for Wallabies or not.

Definitely. The most important thing to me is if they are giving it all and playing well for their team. If they're also eligible for the Wallabies, well then 100x better.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
And Will for PNG. That would upset a few of our Reds' followers.
I think between Enoggera and Townsville army bases and with the help of Amberley Airforce we Queenslanders could easily make PNG an extension of FNQ if required. If required I guess we could get a few Pacific Islands is required as well

T

TOCC

New and Old

QRJR205RED-2T.jpg

Loving the new jersey, clean, simple and slick

http://blksport.com/shop/pro-teams/queensland-reds-replica-jersey-home.html
qrjr300red---fr.png

qrjr300red---sd.png

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It is just great!

Now that's a great looking jersey. They will surely sell a lot of them.

Shows just how important good design is when it comes to fashion, even for blokes. Contrast this with the abomination that is the Waratah charity jersey!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
what do you guys think about the little yellow star under the Q? There was always a little bit of a debate internally about it, some suggesting we should have all our Super Rugby wins represented (Super 6 in 1992 and then 2 x Super 10s in 94 and 95). What do you reckon? In appropriate? Not played under the "SANZAR" banner so not relevant?

T

TOCC

The matter of the fact is that Super Rugby as we know it was built off the foundations of the Super 6 and Super 10's competition... The Super 6's and the Super 10's were the pinnacle competition of provincial representative rugby union in the southern hemisphere in those years. I can see merit in not including them in the jerseys, but i definitely think more needs to be done to draw light to those championship years.

If it weren't for the overwhelming QLD dominance of the two competitions you might have more teams claiming to be champions from that era as well....

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone thinking about going on one of the tours the Reds are advertising in our membership packs? I'd love to go to NZ with my son but think the Rebels game would be our best bet.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
what do you guys think about the little yellow star under the Q? There was always a little bit of a debate internally about it, some suggesting we should have all our Super Rugby wins represented (Super 6 in 1992 and then 2 x Super 10s in 94 and 95). What do you reckon? In appropriate? Not played under the "SANZAR" banner so not relevant?

Didn't notice it until you mentioned it, and didn't recognise the significance until you said it!

I don't mind claiming the Super 6, Super 10 wins, you should remember history. But, it's fair enough not to count them on the jersey in that fashion as the game has since gone professional and changed. Particularly since the Super 6, which would be unrecognisable to the current tournament.

Funny story to my Baby Red membership - someone just gave us one as a gift. Thoughtful gift, shame I bought one a few weeks ago! So, baby now has two memberships, one in his name, and one in the other person's name which they are going to change to our baby's. We naturally didn't tell the person we had already bought one.

Any ideas what I should do with the extra Baby Red membership? Maybe gift one on to someone else? The one I bought also included the $10 donation so his name goes on the shirt, the gifted one I am pretty sure didn't.

PS The baby jersey is great!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Would four yellow stars make the Reds jersey start to look like a Chinese flag?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If the back of the jersey is clear, why not have the achievements recorded there.
Perhaps title it WINNERS with the year of the win and competition at the time. Obviously Super 15 will change to another name with time so that is allowed for.
The more rows (titles), the greater the standing of the jersey.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
looks great from the front - just hope the players number on the back is clear and easily seen - am starting to go blind in my old age

Status
Not open for further replies.