• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Let me put it this way. If we don't go hunting for some forwards we could be in some strife...

It has got to be frustrating playing in a pack going backwards. So much criticism being aimed at you. Where do we get the Orcs from? The big nasty fully grown ones. We have relied a bit much I think on youngsters and there is only so much they can deliver.

T

tranquility

It has got to be frustrating playing in a pack going backwards. So much criticism being aimed at you. Where do we get the Orcs from? The big nasty fully grown ones. We have relied a bit much I think on youngsters and there is only so much they can deliver.

Surely Argentina?

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
Maybe it's just me but I don't think there is all that much wrong with our forward pack other than we could use a good No 8... it's certainly not as bad as the back line and they have done some very good work this season.

I think if we sort our the back line we will be right.

T

Train Without a Station

I think Slipper, Hanson (Barring his damn throwing last game), Horwill, Simmons and Gill/Beau have been perfectly adequate and at times good. 6, 8 and our other prop position have been what's let us down consistently. I'm also sure that those 5 with 3 better players helping them would be able to put in much better performances when focusing on their own game.

Browning could potentially in the next 12 months become the 8 we need. As Browning could just as well play 6 and in addition, Beau can fill the 6 role. Another line bending 8 that is a good 3rd jumper should be the number one priority.

As Daley and Holmes have all shown to be good enough to win a title I believe they should be persisted with on the basis that they are definitely capable of more. A rock solid tighthead would be a great addition if there was one on the market for a decent price.

Quirk and Schatz shouldn't be considered in the future to be anything better than bench options unless they can consistently show us otherwise. Given the turn to really step up to the plate, these two have only shown that they aren't first choice starting quality right now.

Unless we get the best out of our players and fill the voids as necessary, it won't make much of a difference to our backs.

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
I am certainly all for Browning being trialed at 8 the rest of the year with Beau at 6 and Gill at 7.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
How about some consistency in all rulings and penalties. If this is the level we set a first offence for publicly criticising referee decisions, so be it. I would expect all future incidents to get the same, but we have all referred to the SANZAR Lottery with derision for a reason, and that is not healthy. I would like to see the penalties prescribed to remove the ambiguity and allegations of stack/biased hearing between the different SANZAR partners. Under the proposed Frankenstein's monster that will be S18 this situation will be worse.

Try not to get too caught up in a fervour of defending Qld's favourite son from perceived attack.

Well for starters SANZAR should be fined $25,000 for allowing a TMO to be able to make a decision that totally effected the outcome of a game:mad:

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
I don't know what you are complaining about. From what I've heard the TMO from that match is also the TMO for this weekends match.

So forget SANZAR, just before the game, have him stand in the middle of the ground and have the ground announcer introduce him to the crowd.....

Maybe Kev can make his SANZAR instructed apology to the guy first, before the crowd lynch him.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
aqu3y4ep.jpg

Says the bloke who had his contract torn up because he couldn't keep off the piss... Define irony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
In good news I am expecting the reds to post a healthy profit this year. A strong membership base of 40,000 combined with good sponsorship ties as well as healthy game day attendance means a team coming close to last will probably still make a mill or so profit

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
As a neutral, I wasn't sure whether to be happy or sad that the reds won this game.

It was good to see the reds finally showing some character in a gutsy win. But if I was a reds member, I'd be worried that this will be used to paper over the cracks of a terrible season. I have nothing personal against Graham, but the sooner you get rid of him, the better for your organisation.

It feels very similar to Deans and the Wallabies in 2012. The writing was on the wall, but then he pulled off the 3-0 series win against Wales which kept him on for a year longer - which was ultimately not in our best interests.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Reds HQ may try to leverage it for a little moral boost but I don't think anyone on here is getting lost in the smoke and mirrors.

Most of the deficiencies we've been bleating about all season were still on display tonight. Our defense was very questionable and some of our kick chase lines were fucking awful and almost cost us tries a few times. There were some admirable individual chases but when we needed to organize and fan out it was a dicey proposition at best.

It was nice to see some of the boys actually scrambling hard again when the line was breached..with the exception of a few. Defensive organization though was still not anywhere up to Super Rugby standard. We would've been belted by a more cohesive attack and with a referee who wasn't intent on penalizing the attacking side 95% of the time.

Forwards were hitting the ruck harder and more effectively than they have been the past weeks but outside of a few guys the pack as a whole still struggled to consistently generate go-forward (that stanza on the Highlander's line where it took Simmons to finally get us going forward was very frustrating, in particular).

It was nice to get the win but we have a whole lot to fix still.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah. Implying alcoholism is a choice. Outstanding hot take.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I just felt the need to highlight how a player who's made some pretty high profile mistakes throughout his career is calling out another player for being "not smart".

It must be pretty rough on the kicker to be chastised like that by a such a high profile former all black on such a public forum

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Didn't mean to offend anyone, I just felt the need to highlight how a player who's made some pretty high profile mistakes throughout his career is calling out another player for being "not smart".

It must be pretty rough on the kicker to be chastised like that by a such a high profile former all black on such a public forum

I just thought it was a cheap crack is all. Obviously he's not in the box seat to be casting judgement, but having a go at him as regards his personal demons is pretty meh IMO. That said, I've been drinking since four so probably not in the place to be throwing out moral judgements.

T

Train Without a Station

Well said kiap. Nobody was having a dig until the bloke publicly gives it to another bloke who made a poor decision after 79 minutes of fatigue set in.

And the old "alcoholism" card. Classic one for any dickhead on the piss to use as an excuse. Obviously don't know zac so cannot make an informed comment, but some people have a disease and some are just dickheads. It's important to remember that not all have a disease, some just need to be responsible for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.