• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

kerevi maybe a sledgehammer but the others - you are dreaming and I will wait to see if K Hunt has "such an educated kicking game" FFS the bloke hasn't ever played super rugby. Let him breathe for a minute.

Maybe so. But I have been lucky enough to watch him play over 20 games of rugby, and most of his games at the Broncos.

I am more than happy to do the Australian thing, and sit back and say "well he hasn't done it on our patch yet has he?" but at the end of the day - why should I hold this view?

He has proven himself a million times over, we are very lucky to have him.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe so. But I have been lucky enough to watch him play over 20 games of rugby, and most of his games at the Broncos.

I am more than happy to do the Australian thing, and sit back and say "well he hasn't done it on our patch yet has he?" but at the end of the day - why should I hold this view?

He has proven himself a million times over, we are very lucky to have him.

AND I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT - NO ARGUMENT HERE

B

Bobby Sands

While we are talking shit:

Slipper to 10, Great tackler, has soft hands and good reactions. Whilst slow compared to other classy 10's he would just catch abnd pass and then crashball into his opposite, stand in the tackle and deliver ball inside or out to close support players. Don't think strategic kicking would be in his quiver.

Slips played most of his junior rugby at TSS at 10 actually. This might be your most spot-on post! Well done.

T

TOCC

Paddy Ryan is a plod, he was called up to the Wallabies before the myth of his scrummaging ability was exposed, he can't hold his own at NRC level let alone Test level.

The Reds would get more benefit by signing one of the other props running around the NRC who have been giving the Sydney 'Stars' scrum coaching lessons.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
March review of the league U20s game which the broncos won. Our own Duncan P apparently played a starring role. Scored the match winning try and set up the one before. Good to see

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah I spoke recently with a guy who played u15's and 16's and schoolboy footy with Duncan who reported that he was the best player he'd ever seen, played with or against.

The bloke in question has been around a lot of players who now play Super Rugby and NRL which is what made me take interest.

He may prove to be a shrewd signing

R

Redsfan

When I looked for info on this Duncan fella when we first signed him, I found an article saying that he played with Jonah Placid growing up, and would have come to Brisbane for school but he was on a (Broncos? Some NRL club anyway) scholarship in CQ.

He'll be a good pickup, I'm sure.

B

Bobby Sands

When I looked for info on this Duncan fella when we first signed him, I found an article saying that he played with Jonah Placid growing up, and would have come to Brisbane for school but he was on a (Broncos? Some NRL club anyway) scholarship in CQ.

He'll be a good pickup, I'm sure.

I read that article too.. It actually said he and Jonah were offered full scholarships to TGS, but Duncan already had a Broncos Scholarship so he stayed North and Jonah wen to Toowoomba.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I watched the ITM Cup today. Counties slaughtered Wellington. 55-7. However, I'm still hoping that luck occurs and Victor Vito heads to Queensland.
Plenty of talk and happiness (including me) with Tongan Thor signing, but I still wish the Vito rumours eventuated. I'm not going to go on about why the Reds need a back-rower, because you might through your laptop out the window (I don't blame you).My reason is more on the experience side (successful international experience) not whether they're big, strong, a formidable ball-runner, etc. With 24 All Blacks caps, 69 Hurricane caps and 57 caps for Wellington and only 27 years of age, I personally Vito could have done a 'braid' and heading for Queensland to finish his career. He would be the only person to have a RWC medal in Australia. However, I really commend the Reds on signing Tui (25 caps for Japan, nothing to be scoffed at).

1. Slipper - 56 caps
2. Fainga'a - 29 caps
3. Holmes - 13 caps
4. Simmons- 44 caps
5. Horwill- 53 caps
6. Vito- 24 caps
7. Robinson- 1 cap
8. Tui - 25 caps
9. Genia - 55 caps
10. Cooper - 50 caps
11. Turner - 15 caps
12. Tapuai- 7 caps
13. Kerevi - 0 caps
14. O'Connor - 44 caps
15. Hunt- 16 caps (RL)

28.8 international caps per players (average).

Force- 6.53

Rebels- 8.6

Brumbies- 22.9

Waratahs- 32.7

So, the Waratahs have the most international caps on average.

I personally think; the higher that average is, the more likely a team is to win in theory

Anyway I just thought Id mention it

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I was just going on current form. I've always been a fan of Beau, but I'd like to see Gill return to #7 next year.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tomikin I liked your post, reluctantly. You raise a very good but unfortunate point. I personally think Gill could be one of the best footballers in Australia (fingers cross he does turn into one of the best, I think he will). He won colt of the year twice (back to back) in 2010 and 2011 for Sunnybank. No other player has ever done this. Tim Horan, David Wilson, Kefu, Garrick Morgan, Sharpe, Tune, Croft, Mowen, Genia have all won this award, but none twice. I think this is indicative of how good he can be. I hope 2015 goes well for him.

jamey jones

Frank Nicholson (4)
1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Horwill
5. Simmons
6. Schatz/ Victor Vito
7. Gill
8. Tui

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Lachie Turner
12. Tapui
13. Kerevi
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Hunt/ if he is shit JOC (James O'Connor) to fullback and CFS to wing and hunt to the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.