• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
I think it's pretty safe to say Carmichael and co got lucky with the Link appointment and seriously have no idea what they are doing.

Saw some articles from last year posted on Twitter and they show how full of rubbish Carmichael is. Same situation and said another similar year would be unacceptable. This year is worse than last year.

I also wonder if Chris White has any other friends could fill the role of defensive coach that we were promised last year.

For the first time ever I'm seriously thinking about handing my seats back. I'll still support the team as I always do, but it's hard to support the organisation. God knows what is going on behind the scenes.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^ Serendipity is a bigger word. :p

I think that using someone like John Connoly could be a positive move.

There simply *must* be something that the QRU sees in RG (frigged if I know what) to stand by someone who is seemeingly so utterly inept, so appointing someone who is obviously strong willed and has a winning pedigree (albeit quite a while ago) may be the ticket.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^ Serendipity is a bigger word. :p

I thought of that word and also the Jungian term Synchronicity but neither had enough gravitas.

This season has become a colossal cluster fuck of the highest order. Up till now the old boys have stuck together. How long till they start eating each other?

Knuckles is obviously sposed to be the circuit breaker to buy time, but I fear he won't be able to do much in the 5 games left this year. Just as well the off field action will keep us entertained, the on field won't be worth watching.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
e5ad2a3bd9c6948a9b8e278822a1f319.jpg

All will be well now we have got a baby sitter for the head coach. We should look to the heaven's and count our blessings. We're set, glory awaits.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
What a a crock of shit. "Mentoring" a Head Coach in his 6th year of Super Rugby. Woody there is no dignity in this for you.

Just sack Woody and let Knuckles babysit the team for the next 5 weeks.

Absolutely. But if we read the media release carefully, it just might be the case that Knuckles is being sent in to do this timid, lost board's ultimate dirty work for them.

'Our highly experienced coaching consultant, after intensive reviews of the team's needs and capabilities, has recommended major changes in the Reds' HPU and it is with regret that the QRU has today accepted the resignation of Richard Graham as Head Coach. We much appreciate Richard's contribution to QLD rugby and we wish him and his family well for the future.'

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Did Knuckles run in the 2012 state election? I thought I saw his name thrown about in Central Queensland. He had essentially retired to go fishing and was putting his hand up.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
As has been pointed out many times on these forums, Knuckles has had very limited coaching opportunities in the last couple of years therefore they wouldn't be bringing him on board due to his outstanding record of late.

Instead I can only imagine the QRU are trying to create a 'good cop, bad cop' situation at Ballymore as RG has clearly lost any sense of power in the playing group. I envision something like this:

otherguys2.png

xOUu0VP

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck me, what a debacle. Why does a head coach -who has been a head coach for quite some time now- need a mentor? Either he can do the job, or he can't. If he can't, then you look to employ a new coach. Seems clear cut to me, and that way you aren't wasting money on employing some mentor. Honestly, the money they will pay knuckles is better off spent elsewhere.

And if you are going to employ a mentor, as the reds have done, why is that mentor knuckles? When was his last gig as a coach exactly?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why is a head coach learning how to do things, I would imagine a pro organisation would mentor the coaches in club rugby and then in the NRC, Super Rugby is not a place to learn.

What confidence can the playing group have in their coach when they are now told that he needs to learn how to coach?

I think the hardest working person in QLD is the guy who deletes anti RG posts from facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.