• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
SMH this morning reporting that Joe Tomane is going to re-sign with the Brumbies.

Fuck's sake

If this is so, more disappointment for the Reds and their recruitment for next year. Also think their dealings with KH and JOC (James O'Connor) will end in further disappointment. Wouldn't be surprised if KH is just upping his asking price to return to League, and that's really where I think he will finish up next year, while I also think the only way the Reds will get JOC (James O'Connor) is on JOC (James O'Connor)'s terms. Don't think there will be any long term commitment by JOC (James O'Connor) and if that proves to be the case even the rusted on JOC (James O'Connor) supporters on this site will lose faith in him.

Glad to see Joe stay with the Brumbies if that is the case.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can't imagine the advantage for Tomane in coming up here.

At the Brumbies he is well coached and constantly in the running for the wallabies.

Conversely.........

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tomane's younger brother recently returned to Brisbane and is playing Premier Colts down at GPS, thought it may have been a sign that Joe might be on his way to QLD as well but doesn't seem like it.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Whilst not signing Tomane is disappointing it might tell us a bit about who the reds have signed.

So provided Tomanes main goal is to be a starting player in super rugby, at the brumbies if he wants to start he needs to be ahead of either Speight or McCabe.

At the reds he would need to be ahead of who? Shipperly, davies are gone, he's a better player than Turner at the moment so that wouldn't be a problem.

But if the Reds have signed JOC (James O'Connor) and Ioane as is rumored, then I can see why Tomane would choose to stay where he is....

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Also you'd assume both Kerevi and Kuridrani will be upgraded to full contracts for 2015

Kerevi probably will, but I'd think they might be hesitant to give Kuridrani a full contract until they've seen him play at super level. Hopefully he gets some time in the remaining games this season.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Whilst not signing Tomane is disappointing it might tell us a bit about who the reds have signed.

So provided Tomanes main goal is to be a starting player in super rugby, at the brumbies if he wants to start he needs to be ahead of either Speight or McCabe.

At the reds he would need to be ahead of who? Shipperly, davies are gone, he's a better player than Turner at the moment so that wouldn't be a problem.

But if the Reds have signed JOC (James O'Connor) and Ioane as is rumored, then I can see why Tomane would choose to stay where he is..

Tomane fit will start with Speight on the wings for the Brumbies. McCabe be fullback, 12 or bench..

PS Id have him over Digby these day and Screw JOC (James O'Connor).

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Tomane fit will start with Speight on the wings for the Brumbies. McCabe be fullback, 12 or bench..

PS Id have him over Digby these day and Screw JOC (James O'Connor).

He's probably a more consistent proposition than Digby these days I agree. But signing for a different team is a huge gamble - new coach, new city, new apartment etc. So he'd want a bit of surety before doing it and if he's up against Digby and O'Connor he's not guaranteed a spot (although I do think he would start more often than not).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Another lock needed in QLD?

What about Tom MURDAY?

Playing some club footy in Canberra as a semi pro with the VIkings.

Seen moonlighting in NZ ITM cup last year for the Northland Taniwhas.

Big lump of a lad from memory of the ITM cup last year, and I think he is originally from Queensland.
Getting Tom Murday back would be a good start. He was impressive last season for Northland was it? He also holds the record for fastest time eating a 1kg steak in 3 min 45 sec.

1kg steak consumption time should be as important a factor in selecting the tight five as the beep test is for the Jessica's.

Tom Murday seems to be on contract with the Auckland Blues. Currently playing with them at the World Club 10's. I thought he was back in Canberra with the Vikings. Looks like he may not be on the Reds Shopping list for next year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Tom Murday seems to be on contract with the Auckland Blues. Currently playing with them at the World Club 10's. I thought he was back in Canberra with the Vikings. Looks like he may not be on the Reds Shopping list for next year.
I'm not sure how the contracting system works over there between ITM Cup and S15. If you look at the Blues website Murday is listed there but he hasn't debuted. I think if a player is currently playing for northland perhaps it's used as a wider training squad or eps even for the Blues. Either way I couldn't find any reliable info on who he's actually contracted to and for how long so I'll still hold out hope a guy like him is on the shopping list still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He injured himself early in the year and is just making his comeback. I guess he'll play for Northland again see if the Blues pick him up for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.