• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Payto and Panda: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...deal-almost-done/story-fnii0mk9-1226952335678

JAMES O’Connor has not signed for the Queensland Reds just yet but it seems only a matter of time.
O’Connor is tipped to be a Reds employee from January 1, 2015, which opens the door for his return to the Wallabies next year.
His imminent arrival would certainly explain why the Reds are losing so many backline stars.
Having already confirmed the departure of Mike Harris (Melbourne Rebels) and Rod Davies (Biarritz, France), we can also reveal that talented speedsters Aidan Toua (Agen, France) and Australian under-20s star Jonah Placid (Melbourne Rebels) will leave at the end of the season, while Dom Shipperley is also rumoured to be on the move.
Reds chief executive Jim Carmichael said: “We know what we need to do to improve. We’re working on rectifying our deficiencies and will tell our fans of our plans for 2015 at the appropriate time so they have a fuller picture to judge us on”.
It’s understood O’Connor is in the final stages of negotiations with the Reds, and will then begin talks with the ARU for a top-up deal before it becomes official.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The fuck did we let Jonah go for?

I really, really don't like this policy of holding out on announcements until July. You know what would help restore some faith in a floundering organization.. how about some fucking basic transparency to start?

Getting into numpty bullshit territory now.

Then again, this is the Marketing/PR team that thought playing music during stretches of play was a good idea.

Definitely reaching the end of my rope now. :mad:

T

tranquility

Interesting. That seems like very specific destinations for the potential departing guys.

Losing Jonah would be a blow, although his form at the U20s has been down on where he was last year (which was absolutely awesome) hard to know what to make of that.

Clearly RG rates him, as he played a pre-season trial and made his debut ahead of a few other candidates this year.

I need to hear some bloody signings soon!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Rumours re Toua were right.

Let's now see re A Anae.

Placid a bad loss - huge potential for the Reds, given time.

We must keep Sam Greene. Just must.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Interesting. That seems like very specific destinations for the potential departing guys.

Losing Jonah would be a blow, although his form at the U20s has been down on where he was last year (which was absolutely awesome) hard to know what to make of that.

Clearly RG rates him, as he played a pre-season trial and made his debut ahead of a few other candidates this year.

I need to hear some bloody signings soon!

........but does Placid rate RG?

Very few do.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
For the Rebels, losing Jason Woodward next season is a massive step backwards.
They would see Placid as a potential face saver, and are obviously able to throw money and opportunity of run on player to him.
As much as this hurts me as a Reds fan, it's good for Australian Rugby competition and that is important.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Placid is a big loss for the future

Albert Anae is moving to a italian club. Another loss

Placid was a C Latham in the making - huge talent, huge potential, and lack of a real 15 has hampered the Reds for some time, and is likely to do so in the future.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
For the Rebels, losing Jason Woodward next season is a massive step backwards.
They would see Placid as a potential face saver, and are obviously able to throw money and opportunity of run on player to him.
As much as this hurts me as a Reds fan, it's good for Australian Rugby competition and that is important.

If the Reds fall into another pre-2010 heap, the consequences for Aus rugby will be far, far more serious than some uncertain notion of propping up the cash flow haemorrhaging Rebels that might not exist by 2017, their commercial and financial viability is so dubious.

T

TOCC

If the Reds fall into another pre-2010 heap, the consequences for Aus rugby will be far, far more serious than some dubious notion of propping up the cash flow haemorrhaging Rebels that might not exist by 2017, their commercial and financial viability is so dubious.

Ah please, save the post apocalyptic talk until the seasons over and next seasons roster is released..

If the Reds finish with Karmichael Hunt and JOC (James O'Connor) for 2015 then losing Placid and Harris will be nothing more then collateral damage..

Regardless, the Reds still have their core playing group, as an avid supporter from the pre-2010 era, I can attest that losing the likes of Sharpe, Barnes etc is significantly more dire then losing Davies, Harris, Anae and Owen...

T

Train Without a Station

RH you make some valid points but it is getting tiring that every time a couple of players (mind you most fringe players at best - Placid has he even debuted?) using it as a justification to push your agenda.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it's a great thing for Australian Rugby that Placid is off elsewhere - he may be exposed to a different kind of coaching and mentoring that takes him to a much higher level.

If he is all that everyone says he will be, then he needs to be exposed to quality coaching to allow him to develop fully.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I think it's a great thing for Australian Rugby that Placid is off elsewhere - he may be exposed to a different kind of coaching and mentoring that takes him to a much higher level.

If he is all that everyone says he will be, then he needs to be exposed to quality coaching to allow him to develop fully.

love+quotes.gif

Really though, the guys at Reds HQ need to start announcing something because from my end the past few months have been nothing but a veritable PR/Marketing disaster.

This whole not announcing the team recruits until July while we're currently just losing loads of players during a horrible season is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever experienced coming out of Ballymore.

'Any' press is no longer good press when the crowd figures are dropping. Give the media something positive talk about or better yet, speculate about (LIKE @#$%&*^ PLAYER SIGNINGS) and at the very least save some face for the brand after this mess of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.