• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

convenient wisdom

Allen Oxlade (6)
I cant wait for 2015 to start. Feeling really positive. Simmons, Slipper and Fainga'a.S are better players now than ever before. Liam Gill, who has had neck problems, looked like he was getting back to his best in the NRC and people forget he is only 22, and pre-hooper was the pre eminent no 7 heir to the great David Pocock. Jake Schatz had his best season in 2014.Thompson could be a great signing, hopefully a really good cultural influence as well, like Daniel Braid was.I like the look of McDuling and Kotze (is he eligible for AUS?). Bit thin at THP I'll admit, if there are injuries.

With hopefully the forwards getting parity or dominance, an injury frree Genia can snipe away, and Cooper can get some opportunities against retreating defences. Oconnor , Kerevi, a hopefully intact CFS, Turner and Hunt would be a backline any province would be happy to have.

In A world cup season, all players will be super motivated, perhaps especially Genia and Cooper, who seem to be a bit on the outer with the set up as it is.

come on boys ............lets believe !,,

B

Bobby Sands

I think between; Holmes, Slips & Sef we should be okay on the tight side. Slips, Daley & Paraka on the loose.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Sef didnt play any Super Rugby last year did he? i know he was on the bench 1 or 2 times but i dont think he got on. Paraka did gets 1 or 2 games i think.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
600491-90fff35c-77bc-11e4-a7f2-87cba13b8c8b.jpg

Training hard. Great to see.

T

TOCC

S.Fainga'a was having trouble locking down the Reds starting positions few months ago, I even suggested he should move on to allow Hanson to start regularly..

I have to admit he has proven me wrong this tour, possibly the best form he has been in for a long time, regularly rating in the top 5 players on the pitch.

It'll be good to see more of it in 2015!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Geez you guys are like a bunch of old women! Have you actually met RG? Coaching aside, he's a nice guy, I was lucky enough to meet him at the GAGR christmas drinks before he started with the Reds, nice bloke who's not so stuck up he doesn't have time for the fans.

That PCYC cafe that used to be at the Caxton Street end of Suncorp is where we met him. Bloke only went in for a coffee but that didn't stop him from saying hello. My brother explained that this game was our annual trip down from Darwin to watch the Reds vs Brumbies. When he learnt we had come that distance he pulled up a chair and was more than happy to spend a few minutes chatting with us. Top bloke and really re-enforces the spirit of rugby. As frustrating as the Reds were this year, I couldn't forget that RG was a nice bloke.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
They needed a 5th lock in the dev squad, and they lost Enever and Payne and Arnold from around Brisbane. Seeing how Kotze went in the NRC, and considering how much other lock talent is gone, it's not a bad signing at all.

The thing against Kotze is probably his age, but the Reds will probably lose both O'Donoghue and Horwill next year so if the next best is 28 now, might as well get him signed.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
They needed a 5th lock in the dev squad, and they lost Enever and Payne and Arnold from around Brisbane. Seeing how Kotze went in the NRC, and considering how much other lock talent is gone, it's not a bad signing at all.

The thing against Kotze is probably his age, but the Reds will probably lose both O'Donoghue and Horwill next year so if the next best is 28 now, might as well get him signed.

His age might count in his favour a little as well, with all the young players in the EDS it's probably worthwhile having a few older heads around.

T

Tip

I'd hate to be living with RG so I'd guess the feelings mutual

My judgements regarding RG are based completely on his failure to own any of the blame for the debacle known as Reds2014. (think any press conference)

He should change his name to Neo as he was dodging that many bullets.

And Sorry guys, it was a tongue in cheek joke. I woulda typed it in Comic Sans font to accentuate the sarcasm but alas, there is no option.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks for posting those videos TOCC - both were good to watch

I was a bit critical about Tupou's body composition (thought he was very fat!) but he actually looks to have a pretty solid build for a prop in that video. No doubt being under the coaches eye will help keep his diet strict!

Status
Not open for further replies.