• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
1. Daley
2. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Neville
6. Browning
7. Gill
8. Schatz
9. Frisby
10. McIntyre
11. Nabuli
12. Fainga'a
13. Kerevi
14. Kuridrani
15. Hunt

16. Ready
17. Paraka
18. Talakai
19. ?
20. Fakaosilea
21. Tuttle
22. Paaiaua
23. Magnay

Injured:
- Slipper
- Douglas
- F'Sautia
- Taulagi

Absent:
- Tui
- Goromaru

Squad:
- Faagase
- Tupou
- Mafi
- Korzyck
- Tui

That bench has next to no experience at all, it's not looking very good

Damn lads, that's pretty dire. Even if you managed to get all of your first choice players on the field.

I guess on the positive side with the RWC a cycle complete and so many good players going up north most of the other teams (cept the Force, we don't have any good players the North want) will be weaker, it might even the playing field.

I'm still so mad the QRU kept Dick. If they jettison him mid season the fat cats at the top who appointed him and then kept him there in the face of fan outrage should do this honourable thing and go too.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
That's the issue right there Charger! You look across the squad and there are some promising youngsters and a few older heads. Should be good for the usual 4 year rebuilding phase.

Then you look at the top of the tree, the guy pulling the strings and providing direction and suddenly get that sinking feeling!

I'm still struggling with how RG got reappointed and I don't want to drag that up again, but even an interim coach or a caretaker coach would have given me more faith in the board than dishing up the same again!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just watching a replay of Toulon from the weekend. The kid playing 10 has some skills, weird name though that escapes me right now. Wonder if they have talked to him in the wide ranging global search for a 10.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just watching a replay of Toulon from the weekend. The kid playing 10 has some skills, weird name though that escapes me right now. Wonder if they have talked to him in the wide ranging global search for a 10.

I'm picking up the replay tonight. Probably watch it tomorrow. Won't miss another Toulon game.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Definitely the best form he's shown for quite some time. Wish he had been playing like that in the lead up to the RWC.

BTW, just how atrocious are those NH scrums. Not one that I saw held up or stayed straight until the ball was won. And I thought the Ref was pretty poor.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What's that on dru? I couldn't find a replay tonight?

Sorry Scoey for late response. The Toulon game was played live but I missed it. Replay was late last night early morning. Haven't watched it yet but it's recorded for when I get home this afternoon.

Foxtel is showing at least some of the Top 14, not on the main sports channels but Euro-something. When I'm back home I'll post the actual channel. Pretty sure you get it with a basic Sports package.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ah no worries. Yeah I found a replay I can record on Eurosport. Thanks mate all good.
I think I will be watching more Toulon games too!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Incidentally, that game has two of the past Reds' No 10s directly facing each other. Quade v Ben Lucas. Also, Lachie Turner showed a good turn of foot and still has his finishing skills. Funny how Quade and Lachie look like different players over there.;)

For Montpellier, I thought Mowen had a really strong game, and his YC was a bad joke by the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.