• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
A potent contrast:

Not one word post-season from the QRU to its members re any form of regret or displeasure or sincere concern that they promised much in 2015, but delivered little, in fact they delivered a shit pile at the feet of the members.

Yet here we have an extensive written blame sheet laying all responsibility upon QC (Quade Cooper), one of QLD's greatest ever players, and his management for the 'it's all over' end point.

Reeks to me of a conscious, yet weak and defensive, attempt at pre-emptive cunning and calculated posturing so that they, the QRU, are deemed faultless in all this.

I can honestly say that I feared the end for QC (Quade Cooper) and the Reds when they promoted K Hunt to team VC, leaving QC (Quade Cooper) out altogether. An extraordinary misjudgement that implied and risked much.

Which party has been less competent and considered in their key choices and conduct over the last years, QC (Quade Cooper) or his employer?

I think, all things considered, we all know the answer.

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yep, the manager is the middle man, its the player that pays, instructs / directs the mouth piece to negotiate the deal; and its the player that shakes the hand and signs the contract.

SBW's deal all have seem to have been pretty good, and Mudine love him or hate him always comes out with a bag of money and little mud sticking. So what's the difference this time?
Many qru contract negotiations are done by cordingly. He may not of clicked with Nasser , as has happened before . Needs to go with graham

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Timing seems right, Quade's Toulon contract was registered. Midi Olympique says JOC (James O'Connor)'s has been too, when are we going to hear about that.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
It's the way they've worded it - thanks for the last 10 years, don't let the door hit you on the way out that gets me.

As mentioned above, maybe said letter wouldn't have been signed if the qru had respected Quade a little more all season & not giving an unknown the VC.

I'd hazard a guess that the beginning of negotiations pre-date said letter

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Btw: in the QRU statement, what a hilarious joke is the bit about 'leaving the organisation exposed' if negotiations with QC (Quade Cooper) were not concluded.

With a sub-30% w-l ratio over two consecutive seasons, are the QC (Quade Cooper) negotiations ongoing anywhere even vaguely close to the most serious 'continuous exposure' the QRU has on its plate at season end?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Great news
Guy is over paid, over rated and under performing. Time to clean the cupboard out and start with a new coach and players who want to play for QLD. He was jerking everybody around going off to France and signing contracts, he made his bed now let him lie in it. Maybe the QRU can ease up on Junior clubs now they don't have to find $250k to buy him out of Toulon contract
10,000 fans paying $25 for one match is $250k.

Reds now need to find 8 x $250k. Not have that extra to splash around.

T

Train Without a Station

I fail to see the need for the dramatics by them. A prudent organisation would be canvassing other options and discussing with them. Likely they would go back to QC (Quade Cooper) with a final offer before signing a player that would financially make Quade untenable.

Chris Green

Frank Nicholson (4)
10,000 fans paying $25 for one match is $250k.

Reds now need to find 8 x $250k. Not have that extra to splash around.
Why should the 10,000 fans pay $25 ?
He signed the contract let him go, or he pays out of his own pocket
What do you mean with Reds now need to find 8 x $250k ?

T

Train Without a Station

Why should the 10,000 fans pay $25 ?
He signed the contract let him go, or he pays out of his own pocket
What do you mean with Reds now need to find 8 x $250k ?

Because they go/become members to see him.

His absence will impact attendance.

T

Train Without a Station

You're so caught up in your dislike of him that you cannot see that paying an extra $250k is worth if it you get $500k extra in attendance and a loss of you end up with $500k less.

The Reds or ARU should pay it (if it's even true) if they see commercial benefit in Quade Cooper. Maybe they don't. But the decision not to should be made based on them not seeing benefit, not a stupid principle and cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Chris Green

Frank Nicholson (4)
You're so caught up in your dislike of him that you cannot see that paying an extra $250k is worth if it you get $500k extra in attendance and a loss of you end up with $500k less.

The Reds or ARU should pay it (if it's even true) if they see commercial benefit in Quade Cooper. Maybe they don't. But the decision not to should be made based on them not seeing benefit, not a stupid principle and cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Fans go to see a winning team, if the Reds can perform to an acceptable level then more than 10,000 fans will pay to come and watch them. Case in point since 2011 the fans have left by the truck load because the team is producing poor results. QC (Quade Cooper) is by nature of his position part of the problem. Like I said earlier get some players who want to be there, built a culture, get a decent coach and start winning. Stop investing in players who are off working deals behind the scenes, players trying to get a RWC call up, players past their prime are going to save you. Start winning and the stadium will fill its self

T

Train Without a Station

Funnily enough many of the decisions made be the same people you are supporting here have lead to the opposite of winning.

Chris Green

Frank Nicholson (4)
Funnily enough many of the decisions made be the same people you are supporting here have lead to the opposite of winning.
Not supporting any people. Winning brand of rugby will bring people. Where are all the bums on seats you claim QC (Quade Cooper) has generated in the last 4 years, more likely he has driven people away as he has been unable to perform to the same level as 2011. He is not the only one to blame but he is the only one the QRU walked away from today

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I love Quade and am gutted to see him lost to Aus Super Rugby, but it I'm over all of the fucking around with his negotiations. It's this little drama every fucking time. Not to mention QRU backing him in every little fuck up along the way. I don't think it's rich for them to expect a little bit of loyalty. Anyone see Hoopers resigning this month? Nope, probably forgot it because he just signed within a week of receiving an offer and without turning it into a media circus.

Now the QRU don't have much credibility at the moment, but ignoring their shit show of handling RG they have been dealing with this every negotiation, which comes around often because he never signs for long and you can appreciate why they have had a guts full and pulled this pin.

Sadly, this all sits on QC (Quade Cooper)'s shoulders when he pre-signed with Moneybags Bodudjellal.

Irishwaratahso

Frank Row (1)
Is this not good business on the behalf of the Reds? QC (Quade Cooper) must be their biggest earner who has a recent bad history of being out injured a lot. Getting this big earner off the books of a club struggling financial can't be a bad thing? Also if he gets to 60 caps over the coming months he will still be able to play for Australia which isn't a bad thing for the ARU.

Status
Not open for further replies.