• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Peter Hynes also less than impressed like almost everyone else. QRU Board must be the only blokes in the world who thought this was a good idea

uploadfromtaptalk1439904375350.png

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Btw - RG and Dan Herbert are personal friends and best buddies.

There will be no objectivity and real accountability in this 'new' organisational format. The old boys will be (again) evaluating the old boys.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Btw - RG and Dan Herbert are personal friends and best buddies.

There will be no objectivity and real accountability in this 'new' organisational format. The old boys will be (again) evaluating the old boys.

Of all the things written in this thread, that has to be seriously the most depressing piece I've read.

RG'd probably get more objective advice if his wife was put in charge!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Would you not quit.. Seriously if he loved Queensland rugby And wanted the best for them.. He'd know even as the best Candidate his not the best guy.... He might be that dumb he thinks he is.. But the bosses should know and do know.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
That is just ridiculous from every angle.

The amount of damage thats has already been done is reversible with a new coach and some new players. But another year like the last and the Reds will be basement dwellers for a while.
I guess they haven't bottomed out yet.

Carmichael has to go....no?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Well, this is shit.

On the other hand, less early Saturday mornings in 2016 it looks like.

You're not supporting the Reddles (as I have seen the other QLD team playing out of Victoria being called) like the rest of us.? at least until the Reds get their shit together.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
You're not supporting the Reddles (as I have seen the other QLD team playing out of Victoria being called) like the rest of us.? at least until the Reds get their shit together.

There's a lot of brownie points on offer with the Mrs. for watching hockey this year, so maybe after April rolls around (depending on how well her team does).

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
"To make a decision that simply appeases them, for a moment in time, for us as an organisation is a weakness of our process. We need to deal with the fact that we've made a decision that will be seen by some as unpopular. We need them to feel we've made the right decision and that won't happen overnight."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...reds-coach-20150818-gj1lts.html#ixzz3jCa3RpqZ
Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

I woke up this morning an checked the Internet and apparently this is still happening!!

What the fuck are you going on about Carmichael? At least get some spin doctors in when you are trying to sell us a shit sandwiche.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Busy day for the Reds Facebook team. At least 1200 posts deleted from the reappointment announcement so far.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Stop following on facebook, twitter and unsubscribe from the email.They will get the idea.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I am a pretty one eyed Waratah fan. Nevertheless the biggest disappointment for 2015 was watching the complete destruction of what should have been a first class Reds team.

I thought 2016 would be a tough year of rebuilding etc. There is just no evidence that RG can turn this around, has he had four or five bad seasons? Looks like the Reds have several more seasons to go. I hope the members and fans don't desert and put the Reds back in the red.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^ Though Muglair, don't you think it's possible that in fact Carmichael has been using your infamous ex-coach Hickey as as adviser this last week?

You'll recall how Hickey - at that uniquely open and communicative event years back, 'the fan forum' - presented reams of PowerPoint slides and vast statistics all designed to show that really, after all, the Tahs that year were not in fact having a bad season, or were not playing a boring, dull version of rugby, rather the stats showed how truly successful they were and what a wonderfully attacking, dynamic style of rugby they were playing.

'How to Package Up and Market Self-Delusions, Deceits, and Patronising Con-Jobs'

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
God dammit this is shithouse on so many levels.

I feel some of these younger players who will be wasted in this environment. Players like Korzyck, Fakosoleia, Parraka, Greene, Tupou, Gunn and McIntyre, all who have serious potential, will be so underdeveloped now.

The player I feel for the most is Gilly. He, along with Holmes & Hanson, were literally carrying us this season. The bloke and Graham don't get along, and from what I've heard, he only re-signed when he got indication that Graham was on the way out.

Gilly, for the good of your own career, look at a gig elsewhere, we won't blame you.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
They timed it well to coincide with James Hird stepping down. Have not seen a mention on any news service.

Status
Not open for further replies.