• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Too early for a 2017 thread, but this will be a formidable tight five:

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Douglas
5. Simmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Anyone else hear that Stephen Moore is coming back to Brisbane on the understanding that Laurie Fisher will be coach next year?

Interesting.. He was approached about the job in August when the QRU conducted the review but was contractually tied to Gloucester for another season...

LRB

Stan Wickham (3)
Well that's certainly good news if true about Laurie Fisher, but I still fail to see the appeal of Stephen Moore returning to the Reds at this stage of his career. IMO we would have been better served by keeping James Hansen.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Well that's certainly good news if true about Laurie Fisher, but I still fail to see the appeal of Stephen Moore returning to the Reds at this stage of his career. IMO we would have been better served by keeping James Hansen.
Better served perhaps but the PR generated by signing the current Wallaby captain is huge. Helps that he is almost universally well liked, respected and is a Qld old boy too of course.
Interesting.. He was approached about the job in August when the QRU conducted the review but was contractually tied to Gloucester for another season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

That presumes they could have kept Hanson, you would think that if they could, they would have

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That presumes they could have kept Hanson, you would think that if they could, they would have

its accepted that he left because Cheika told him he needed more game time as a starter to be considered for the Wallabies. He confirmed that was the only reason.

I'd prefer him than Fainga'a, but it would seem we had Saia signed for another year already.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hadn't heard about Laurie. I think Chiba was going and they couldn't keep him. Fainga'a cops a lot of crap and most of it is unjustified. Most of it comes down to personal preference. Personally I would go with Hanson but you lose little with Fainga'a.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
its accepted that he left because Cheika told him he needed more game time as a starter to be considered for the Wallabies. He confirmed that was the only reason.

I'd prefer him than Fainga'a, but it would seem we had Saia signed for another year already.

So he moved on for the best of reasons, a starting opportunity (I would prefer him over Saia as well )

Status
Not open for further replies.