• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's a really dark grey, almost black actually.
But our traditional colours have always been maroon/red, blue and white so blue really wouldn't be that stupid at all.

Pretty sure our away jersey this year is a really dark blue though. Being the Reds it's always going to be hard having two Jersey colours (home and away) that are both 'Red'.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not really Scoey. Home - all red with perhaps a touch of other (white or blue, if desired);
Away - predominantly white with a significant red feature.

T

TOCC

Last time i checked the Brumbies weren't predominantly blue either.. You want to criticise a teams jersey, how about changing your primary jersey to match the same colour worn by 6 other teams

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
After considering the Jersey colour "blend" issue in last nights game I am wondering if the Reds marketing department are really unheralded geniuses?

Think about it. If its all shades of grey and if you cant tell who did what live right in-front of you with your own eyes, it casts sufficient doubt as to if it was the Reds or not; rendering you desensitised for a moment as you are distracted working out who actually did it.

Add in a alcoholic beverage or (as most Reds fan are likely needing a drink to watch the games) and the "red tinted glasses" (now grey) help mask reality sufficiently to make the games bearable.........until they put the stats up at the end of the game! :confused:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Last time i checked the Brumbies weren't predominantly blue either.. You want to criticise a teams jersey, how about changing your primary jersey to match the same colour worn by 6 other teams

Brumbies' away strip has nearly always been predominantly blue. Stands to reason and common sense that they would be playing away in Brisvegas in their away strip.

T

TOCC

Brumbies' away strip has nearly always been predominantly blue. Stands to reason and common sense that they would be playing away in Brisvegas in their away strip.

You're having a laugh bud...

Firstly your going to try and tell me that the Brumbies play in their away jersey every time they aren't playing in Canberra?

Secondly, the brumbies away jersey is blue like their home jersey?

I think everyone's had enough of this jersey chat.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
c3d2b02dcb042be46bd358ace4b73114.jpg

This is the Goromaru photo queue. I'd say probably minimum 85% made up of eager new Japanese Reds fans

Maybe the Reds should consider bringing back those Japanese style kettle drums this season. Haven't had them for years and a lot of fans/press here today would be right into it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You're having a laugh bud.

Firstly your going to try and tell me that the Brumbies play in their away jersey every time they aren't playing in Canberra?

Secondly, the brumbies away jersey is blue like their home jersey?

I think everyone's had enough of this jersey chat.

Unfortunately, not much more for the Reds' fans to talk about.;)

While still on the subject, the Brumbies home kit is usually predominantly white with some blue and yellow.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Team I hope will get on in round 1 (hopefully everyone recovers from trial game) and is Daley available?

1. Faagase 2. Ready 3. Holmes
4. Neville 5. Simmons
6. Tui 8. Schatz 7. Gill
9. Frisby 10. Mcintyre 12. Hunt 13. Kerevi
11. Sautia 15. Goromaru 14. Nabuli
16. Fainga'a 17. Daley 18. Talakai 19. Tui 20. Fakasolia 21. Tuttle 22. Greene/DP 23. Magnay

I'd rather Greene but all things pointing to Mcintyre.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Went to the Reds Fan Day today - always a good event. Interesting info - according to Damian Marsh the quickest players are Campbell Magnay, Junior and James Tuttle - none of whom appear to be in starting lineups.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yehhh well I'm just thinking it's great to have matwijow around, but he was only brought in as an injury cover and Tui was signed after a strong Aus u20 showing on a full time long term contract. I think if you are going to pick a someone on the bench, pick the guy who you decided to invest in and pick the player who will make the biggest impact for a (probably) short amount of minutes.

Obviously pick the best player but I think Tui has more potential to make an impact off the bench then Matwijow. If it was to start the match and play 60-80 minutes, you'd want more workrate and experience, so then I'd go with Matwijow over Tui.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The home team has ground advantage as well as access to all the gear that team uses. Considering the amount of travel professional rugby teams endure in the SH I'd like to see an initiative from rugby where the visiting team carries ONE kit, its traditional one, and the home team changes if there's a clash.

Now there's a blast from the past. Far too commonsensical to get through the marketing-driven decision making that is rugby 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.