• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think he's chosen reasonably on that front. I think Browning was already ahead of Quirk and Robinson whilst a great clubman is certainly getting old and Gunn is presumably on minimum wage. If he could have kept Robinson on a similar minimum wage then maybe there was more of an argument to be had, but Gunn is surely an investment in the future.

I think there's potentially been some mistakes in the past when you look at players they've missed out on like Sean McMahon, but that happens to every team. It's hard to decide whether the guy you've invested a couple of years in should be ditched in order to sign a kid fresh out of school.

Been a lot of mistakes in talent identification at the Reds.

Sean is the perfect example. Some FUCKWIT (easy to figure out) said he was too small to play at the Reds.

The loss of Chibba is a classic example. Same money at the Rebs as in QLD but left because of how he had been treated over the past couple of years - believe it came down to the trust issue.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The loss of Chibba is a classic example. Same money at the Rebs as in QLD but left because of how he had been treated over the past couple of years - believe it came down to the trust issue.

There's been plenty of noise that he was told by McKenzie then Cheika that if he wanted to play for the Wallabies he had to be playing more than 40 minutes a match in Super Rugby.

I think he left for opportunity.

Maybe the Reds have invested for too long in the Fainga'a twins and their value off the field has affected their contracts more than it should, but that's another argument.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Chibba established himself as the Number 1 hooker about half way thru the season and as such played the majority (I think) of those games.

Everyone knew that the twins' tenure was over post 2016. Chibb was clearly the starting hooker for 2016.

Disagree he left for "opportunity". He had the opportunity of packing down between 2 Wallaby props and being a part of the most dominant scrum certainly in Australia. I think he lost an opportunity of becoming the main Wallaby hooker (depending on Moore's form)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rod McCall has stepped down as Chairman effective immediately. Damien Frawley will take over immediately.

I don't believe this will be the end of significant departures at the Reds over the near future

wow - that's very sudden

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
McCall and Frawley fly in the same circles don't they? I'm not having a crack here but don't really see this as a significant change.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Injuries are unfortunate and don't help Graham's cause. But injuries don't make our backs stand too deep in attack. They don't prevent us from having an effective kick chase. They don't make our defence leak like a seive In the wide channels and they have limited impact on our poor discipline. If I see noticeable improvement in all those areas and we we still lose, I'll be inclined to cut the coaching staff some slack.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I thought it was reported in the papers last year that the board was split on the action taken after last years review and that some wanted a very different course of action taken. I even thought it was reported that both Frawley and Carmichael fell in that camp. I might be wrong on that, and even if I'm not I guess the papers may not have been accurate - but I am pretty positive that there were reports, or at least rumours to that effect. I would be interested if anyone else remembers reading the same?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought it was reported in the papers last year that the board was split on the action taken after last years review and that some wanted a very different course of action taken. I even thought it was reported that both Frawley and Carmichael fell in that camp. I might be wrong on that, and even if I'm not I guess the papers may not have been accurate - but I am pretty positive that there were reports, or at least rumours to that effect. I would be interested if anyone else remembers reading the same?

That was my recollection. Others here have corrected my understanding - apparently Carmichael was not in the RG group.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Rod McCall has stepped down as Chairman effective immediately. Damien Frawley will take over immediately.

I don't believe this will be the end of significant departures at the Reds over the near future

Any idea why? Is it to give the new guy some time to salvage the season or is his neck as bad as they say it is?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Poor bloke, hope he can get some relief, do you know if if can be fixed (at least to a point he is not in constant pain)?

Status
Not open for further replies.