• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'd also have Nathan Charles and Josh Mann-Rea ahead of Ready, both with Wallabies' experience as well as a tonne of Super experience. Maybe smoke around Ready but I don't see the fire.

Sef has been going good but as a LHP he has a mountain in front of him. Sio, Slipper, Smith, Ala'alatoa. Not this year I'd think.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Few naysayers have a koala in their header ;-)

I'm just thinking that no Australian rugby follower can be missing the Red scrum, even when it was without Finger and Slipper. Id imagine Cheika might just want a Red front row to at least be packing against in training.

I did say a smokey.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Latu?
Tahs set piece has been abysmal with him at hooker

I never promised it would be a good selection ;)

We're talking about players who are only a selection chance with injuries. Latu made a squad briefly a couple of years ago after lots of injuries so who knows what will happen if a similar situation occurs again.

I think his lineout throwing is an issue. Hard to blame him too much for the Tahs scrum problems in my opinion. TPN wasn't able to hold that scrum together either.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I can't see Latu or Mann-Rea in the mix at Wallaby level. Ready looks good and has been playing well but wouldn't think he will be in gold this year either. Moore and Hanson for England and TPN when back from injury. Charles may get a look in too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Latu?
Tahs set piece has been abysmal with him at hooker

I see no value in Latu whatsoever. I just don't see any quality.

I'd have Ready there for sure in the top 3 and I reckon Cheika would dig his style. Abrasive and physical.

Also reckon Cardyern Neville's a strong shout at lock.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Anybody but Moore, TPN or Hansen taking the field this season in a Canary jersey while 2 of them are fit is silly talk IMO. Ready wouldn't be a bad 4th choice, but I suspect it'd be either Fainga’a or Charles depending on the opposition, series circumstances and who's injured.

As for Lock, while Simmons is likely number 1, reckon Coleman, Arnold and Carter, not necessarily in that order, are likely to be ahead of Neville.

As for Fa'agase, with Sio, Smith, and probably Slipper all fit, why would he be considered. Even with injuries, Allalatola would deserve the call first.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It appears Nick Stiles has a message for haters of scrums
uploadfromtaptalk1459232755330.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Both are high on the kneed's list for the Wallabies

Yeah yeah. Didnt Reg say it. The kind of physical attitude that Cheika looks for.

Fwiw I think the WB coach squad has rugby IQ issues if they dont want to use the Red "B" front row for scrummaging training. From there Ready and Faagase have a rock'n'roll ride in front of them. Hell, add in Talakai while w are at it.

[One eyed Red rant now done]

T

TOCC

As for Fa'agase, with Sio, Smith, and probably Slipper all fit, why would he be considered. Even with injuries, Allalatola would deserve the call first.

I don't think Smith is locked in as one of the Wallabies top 3 loose-head props.. Slipper and Sio are the top loose heads, followed by a pack of props include Sef, Ala'alatoa and Smith.

Don't know why everyone is concerned about loose-head though, tight head is the area of real concern..

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ready would be eaten alive in an international, give him 2-3 more years of beefing up. He claims 107kg but at only 180cm and how he looks I reckon he'd be pushing 95kg.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
It is pretty much the Reds and Brumbies front row who should and IMO will dominate test selection.

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Holmes

16. Slipper
17. Hanson
18. Alexander - Pains me to say it.

Can we get Talakai/Makin more game time, we really need to blood that second THP moving forward.

T

TOCC

Ready would be eaten alive in an international, give him 2-3 more years of beefing up. He claims 107kg but at only 180cm and how he looks I reckon he'd be pushing 95kg.

I agree there's no need to rush him into the test squad, but not because of his weight. I don't care what the stats day, he handles himself well In contact and is one of the few forwards who regularly wins the collisions and able to get across the gain line.

Status
Not open for further replies.