• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Stan Pilecki
R.I.P.

Fabulous servant to Queensland and Australian rugby and a larger than life bloke.

Stan was a real character. When the Wallabies were in Fiji (I think it was late 70's) they were playing a provincial side prior to a test. Bob Templeton the coach gave me & a mate some free tickets at the resort they & us (by coincidence) were staying at. After the game which was about 16 klms away, Bob made the non-players of the day jog back, Stan being one of them. When they arrived back not long after the bus returned, the other wallaby joggers were puffing with hands on knees. Not Stan. He got straight up into the bus, got his gear and pulled out a fag. Probably his way of telling Bob he didn't really need the jog. A true 'Legend in his own lifetime'.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I like it!
39783a781f13a6b36fae6bda9d56810c.jpg

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

That's a very good piece of design work. Finally got rid of the white background for the logo that improves it 1000%.If I supported them I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in that jersey!

T

TOCC

I think they got rid of the white background for the logo after the 2012 season.

St George have been a good sponsor to the Reds, could have been excused for looking elsewhere after their recent seasons, but they’ve just signed on till 2020.

I know there are logistical reasons, but it annoys me a little they only released the jersey days before Christmas, wouldn’t it benefit them more to target Christmas sales and get the jersey out a few weekend earlier.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Is Reece Hewat fit and training? He came off with a busted shoulder during a BNE City game I watched.

He’s a class player, and more a 7/6 against the big boys despite being shunted to 8 a lot in 20’s. If King George’s retirement is hence, I’d be fine with him and Wright scrapping for the 7 Jersey all year

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Rodda and Smith to have late starts to the season. Really glad we have douglas considering Hockings only turned 19 in July

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I messaged the Reds on facebook and they got back to me pretty quick with that statement as well. I would think they have the whole backroom team in off their Chrissy holidays to manage this.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
KHunt has brought nothing but bad publicity to rugby RIGHT from the start. This was never going to end while KHunt was embroiled in his controversial "Aquital" (sorry for the spelling)! over his first drug bust. When he dobbed in all his NOW exmates( footballers) but maintained he was innocent the coppers and those accused have been quietly waiting time for this occasion. Steve Micheals ( ex Bronco who KHunt more or less dobbed in) has only just got back into the country to defend Hunts allegations against him ! Those in the know this was NOT just a random bust. I suspect Hunt has been let go for a period so as to think he was a free man again, but all along under suspicion. The guys a grub and its about time he was punted for good. And next time lets not have our great recruitment CEO Sam Cordingly do ANY fucking more damage and pack him off as well>!!

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
We already had massive depth issues...with our backup flyhalf being the IC, the backup IC being the FB and the backup FB being crap.......

I can only see Thorn bringing up more of his U20 kids and Country clubbies.

Can see Patrick James (QC (Quade Cooper)) & Alex Horan (BC) training with maybe even Ngamanu recalled to training squad to help cover fullback (all are recent QLD u20) though yes it seems crazy we might need to call on these guys, when we haven't held onto the Aus u20 players in the same positions.....

T

TOCC

Quade for VC.need at least 1 back with an appropriate amount of professional rugby and leadership experience!

Quade has been training his ass off if you are to believe social media, and taken the whole sacking in his stride without any outbursts on social media, through the media or relapsing Into binge drinking sessions like one of the other players who was also dropped.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Quade has been training his ass off if you are to believe social media, and taken the whole sacking in his stride without any outbursts on social media, through the media or relapsing Into binge drinking sessions like one of the other players who was also dropped.

The social media is not something to put too much credence into. That said, plenty of pics of Quade with rugby ball in Auckland with Sonny Bill and other Blues minions. I presumed it was just a bit of a piss take. While on holidays. But if the crazy happened and he joined the Blues, plenty of support would follow from SEQ.

Reds are ill considered if not actually stir crazy.

Of course it's just social media.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
so who goes to 15?

I love QC (Quade Cooper) and would love to see him on the field anywhere. Pickle was U20's 15 and is pretty adaptable.

Will Thorn backtrack or stick to his guns?

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Did the QRU ever actually make a statement re Quade Cooper sacking? I personally think when a new coach sacks the encumbent players he needs to explain it better to the supporters and the board and management need to confirm they supported the decision. With Hunt now gone for a period of time but I am sure will be still on the payroll till all legal avenues closed what is the thoughts of Reds management and coaches with Quade recall.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
↑ not a word from the Reds or Thorn. For all we know it was just newspaper scuttlebutt (from a source who is usually on the money though).

Officially Quade is still with the Reds as far as I'm aware....

T

TOCC

↑ not a word from the Reds or Thorn. For all we know it was just newspaper scuttlebutt (from a source who is usually on the money though).

Officially Quade is still with the Reds as far as I'm aware..

Thorn did comment on it, there’s an article out there somewhere.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
so who goes to 15?

I love QC (Quade Cooper) and would love to see him on the field anywhere. Pickle was U20's 15 and is pretty adaptable.

Will Thorn backtrack or stick to his guns?

Our Lord and Savior Maranta. Problem is if Stewart or DP go down or struggle in addition to losing hunt and pushing quade...then they are in real trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.