• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The answer to your question is in your question..
Not saying it will happen, but if it did then that’s why. Becuade.. home

He has some foresight wrt Thorn (unlike Quade) but I think he’d be mad. Expect some salary positioning though testing Red interest.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Credit to Penguin for the tip.

Caleb Timu red carded for South's yesterday in the QPR

You can just not see the incident on the Youtube link here - refs mike is live (Starts at around 1:23:000 if the link doesnt work

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah. Somewhat ironic in a week when our discipline was otherwise bloody good we will, presumably, lose two guys to needless infractions.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Not condoning it at all. But having played a few times in conditions like this I know the heat does weird things to players brains. Haven't seen the Timu incident but if it's punching then I expect he'll cop a few. Can't have that in the game. I don't think there was a hell of a lot in the ASY (Angus Scott-Young) incident but that may be because he was wearing a Reds jersey. I suspect he will also go for a week or 4.

Keep in mind a 3 match suspension will bring them back mid South Africa tour so might effectively be 4 matches if they don't get taken on tour.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not condoning it at all. But having played a few times in conditions like this I know the heat does weird things to players brains. Haven't seen the Timu incident but if it's punching then I expect he'll cop a few. Can't have that in the game. I don't think there was a hell of a lot in the ASY (Angus Scott-Young) incident but that may be because he was wearing a Reds jersey. I suspect he will also go for a week or 4.

Keep in mind a 3 match suspension will bring them back mid South Africa tour so might effectively be 4 matches if they don't get taken on tour.

I don't agree with it but suspect he'll get 2. Remember the "punch" by Quirk on Stewart last week? That was barely a punch and he was red carded and got 2 weeks. I can't see how this is worse than that. 2 weeks max, perhaps 1.

Salakai-Loto to the side with Hockings to start (he's been very very good recently) with Blythe or perhaps Korzcyk onto the bench

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Heartbreaking absolutely heartbreaking that a player as good as Gunter is lost.

There was absolutely zero interest in him form the Reds or other Australian teams after he left school - in fact he was plugging way in Prem Colts for Souths before getting a training trial with Panasonic.

Hard work and being in a professional set up full time has paid massive dividends for him!

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
There was absolutely zero interest in him form the Reds or other Australian teams after he left school - in fact he was plugging way in Prem Colts for Souths before getting a training trial with Panasonic.

Hard work and being in a professional set up full time has paid massive dividends for him!
Interesting to know how much Robbie Deans has helped him as coach at Panasonic.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Ben was scouted by Panasonic when he went over there with BBC as a schoolboy in 2015, he then went back and trialled with Panasonic at the end of 2015 after he finished school. His contract with them started a few months later in 2016, maybe he did play a few colts games in 2016, but he was well and truly wrapped up by Panasonic by then.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I guess you are from a different era where fisty cuffs being exchanged wasn’t a big deal?

Indeed this ain't tiddly winks. If someone was sent off every time a punch was thrown when I played we'd abandon every other match. I'm not condoning out and out thuggery but there are many times you need to stand up for your teammates & remind the oppo, no you cannot ruck the head etc.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
re: ASY (Angus Scott-Young) "strike", I remember my under 7 coach @ Norths ruby league, actually teaching us something very similar at the tackle. "Just make sure the ref is not looking" :D

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
re: ASY (Angus Scott-Young) "strike", I remember my under 7 coach @ Norths ruby league, actually teaching us something very similar at the tackle. "Just make sure the ref is not looking" :D

Nowadays, at professional level, the ref has all these little assistants around the field called Lenses.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I was quite impressed with Hegarty's pace in his try, he kept a very fast Banks at a distance. Didn't know Hegarty had wheels.

The Reds' backs generally, including Hegarty, had significantly more pace than the Brumbies' backline which looked pedestrian in comparison.