• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Vunivalu would be fighting an up hill battle defending against Simone and Ikitau at OC. He can't even defend wing properly yet. That would be a very high risk move.

I doubt going a season undefeated meant 'nothing'. I can, however, see the merit in all or nothing if you are trying to prevent tired players from picking up an injury in extra-time, where the result ultimately doesn't affect the standings.

Completely, meant plenty to the fans. If there was ever a time to max out time for non first 15 players though, this was it. Bring on the final.

And the TT.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I would tend to not risk my starters, especially the guys who have done big mins, but perhaps a few of the 23 and likely the wider squad.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
They’ll likely have a team run at Ballymore with their starting XV as a bit of conditioning and prep

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UQ were told yesterday that their Reds’ players won’t be available for club rugby this weekend.

That could easily have changed inside 24hrs if it was a directive issued based on Queensland Health’s form on being totally inconsistent regarding reaction to Covid cases .

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
UQ were told yesterday that their Reds’ players won’t be available for club rugby this weekend.

That could easily have changed inside 24hrs if it was a directive issued based on Queensland Health’s form on being totally inconsistent regarding reaction to Covid cases .

Sam Wallis is listed playing 7 in rugby explorer

Ruan Smith + Harry Hoopert for Brothers

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
It’s hard to say whether Paisami is or isn’t injured. The media these days doesn’t have that many professional journalists sniffing around rugby so there’s every chance he is injured but the Reds have managed to keep it under wraps to keep their enemies preparing as if he’s playing the game.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, it's weird because no one said anything about him in the match, he looked to just go off for an HIA perhaps, but nothing was said. Then after the match no one asked about him. It's like he got forgotten in the loss?!
I don't understand why no one is asking / talking about it, unless the Reds have said off the record they aren't taking about him and keeping it under wraps?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
That clip of Gordon giving Ruan a slap on the head for Ruan to turn around a get shirt with another West's player was absolutely perfect. Pure shithousery at its finest at QPR.
Carter’s back for Wests this week according to Rugby Xplorer, wonder if any of his teammates will avoid standing anywhere near him if a bit of push and shove breaks out ?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I don't think the Reds are so tricky to name him knowing he's not likely to be playing. That's not Thorn's way, I get the impression they take the approach that you play your best rugby, and if you lose then they were the better team clearly you've gotta work harder and get better until you're the better team.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And then.

St.George Queensland Reds centre Hunter Paisami could be sidelined for approximately four weeks after suffering a facial fracture during last Friday's match against the Western Force in Perth.

Paisami fractured his cheekbone in the 31st minute following heavy contact from the Force defence but won't require surgery.

After finishing the regular season as minor premiers, Queensland has earned a bye week ahead of hosting the Super Rugby AU Grand Final on 8 May at Suncorp Stadium.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And then.

St.George Queensland Reds centre Hunter Paisami could be sidelined for approximately four weeks after suffering a facial fracture during last Friday's match against the Western Force in Perth.

Paisami fractured his cheekbone in the 31st minute following heavy contact from the Force defence but won't require surgery.

After finishing the regular season as minor premiers, Queensland has earned a bye week ahead of hosting the Super Rugby AU Grand Final on 8 May at Suncorp Stadium.

Could have been worse.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
1C6E2429-021A-4C66-ABF9-8AE8BED92D30.jpeg