• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You literally just blamed RA Dan.
They aren’t losing a coach, they all just re-signed for another year.
Anyway there’s enough of this talk of RA/NZRU in another thread, it doesn’t need to be in here

Yep and it's RA's job to look after Reds and making sure Aussie teams can keep players and coaches and hopefully get long term sorted out. I was responding to the comment he wasn't signed longer because of uncertainty re TV money

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
As a Tah's supporter with a swiss chesse squad atm I wouldn't be unhappy with that lineup.

I'm curious who is the deveopment 10? I just don't see Hegarty as the future post JOC (James O'Connor).
Reds had both Lucas and Gordon on the roster this year , but both now gone.

A development 10 would be a high priority you would think , but who ?

The Gordon brothers both off to the Rebels.

Pasitoa at the Brumbies, although behind two others there .

Tahs have Harrison , Donaldson and Edmed signed.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yep and it's RA's job to look after Reds and making sure Aussie teams can keep players and coaches and hopefully get long term sorted out. I was responding to the comment he wasn't signed longer because of uncertainty re TV money

It’s continuing on the same RA/NZRU argument been held in the other thread, all this RA ‘talking tough’ is the agenda been pushed in the other thread, it’s bad enough there don’t need it in the reds thread

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Pasitoa at the Brumbies, although behind two others there .

Tahs have Harrison , Donaldson and Edmed signed.

Reds should go after Pasitoa, bring him back to QLD.follow the Rebels example and let another club invest the development time into him.

Whilst a development 5/8 would be good, at the end of the day they do have a quality starting 5/8 signed for 2021 at least, with a few more of the young ones to come on the open market in 2022.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I think we need to sign either Parata or Henry as the development 10. Watching as much of Pasitoa as i could find i agree with a few on here that 12 might be his best position since he seems to be more of an instinctive, run first kind of flyhalf and at least in highlights (doesnt say much) it looked like he was a reasonably physical defender. He doesnt seem like the traditional playmaking 10 which for me at least would be preferrable. I also love the idea of a bunch of WA products killing it for the force. If they could sign Pasitoa, Fines and Hardy i would be happy. Based on what people have said Isaac Henry sounds promising if hes a freak goal kicker and can cover 12. Paisami seems like a great 13, but i dont trust his distributing at this early stage for me to be happy with him being the only cover at 12, especially since Petaia, Fifita and Vaihu are all outsides. Such a shame Gordon jnr followed to the Rebels, i would have been ok with Carters move since its great for the Rebels if we still had Gordon Jnr on the books.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think we need to sign either Parata or Henry as the development 10. Watching as much of Pasitoa as i could find i agree with a few on here that 12 might be his best position since he seems to be more of an instinctive, run first kind of flyhalf and at least in highlights (doesnt say much) it looked like he was a reasonably physical defender. He doesnt seem like the traditional playmaking 10 which for me at least would be preferrable. I also love the idea of a bunch of WA products killing it for the force. If they could sign Pasitoa, Fines and Hardy i would be happy. Based on what people have said Isaac Henry sounds promising if hes a freak goal kicker and can cover 12. Paisami seems like a great 13, but i dont trust his distributing at this early stage for me to be happy with him being the only cover at 12, especially since Petaia, Fifita and Vaihu are all outsides. Such a shame Gordon jnr followed to the Rebels, i would have been ok with Carters move since its great for the Rebels if we still had Gordon Jnr on the books.
Agree with your comments on Paisami, having watched a fair bit of Paisami here in Victoria, he’s far more likely to be a digby style wing than a 12 with a rounded game. Next year for the Reds I think they need to make a decision to either play Paisami at 13 and find a new spot for a more versatile Petaia or play him on the wing so Pataia can run at 13.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

I'd heard Carter was off, didn't realise his brother was going too. Who knows, maybe they'll spend a few years south and bounce back anyway.

Isaac is an interesting one. I'm not convinced he was the future Reds 10. Either way, he took the decision out of the Reds hands.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Parata is great on the boot and a solid passing game. Not much of an elusive runner and lacks speed, but if we’ve got hard running centres and fast wingers I think this could work well. I haven’t watched him since he left school but I’m certain the Saders have been developing him well. Pasitoa and Henry are much better suited to centres but could cover flyhalf if JOC (James O'Connor) is injured. Stewart would be my preference to slip in flyhalf.
I just watched Shute Shield GF and do not rate Tane Edmund. All of our QLD Prems players have more to offer.
We might get Mason Gordon back if he’s chasing a flyhalf position. What’s his contract term?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I'd heard Carter was off, didn't realise his brother was going too. Who knows, maybe they'll spend a few years south and bounce back anyway.

Isaac is an interesting one. I'm not convinced he was the future Reds 10. Either way, he took the decision out of the Reds hands.
Rumours are that Henry wants to come back to Brisbane so he might be a shot in the extended squad but not the 23.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Rumours are that Henry wants to come back to Brisbane so he might be a shot in the extended squad but not the 23.
Squad member was what i was thinking. Its going to be tricky since Stewart pretty much needs to be 12 IMO, so how do you fit Paisami, Petaia, Daugunu, Vunivalu and CFS into the same 23? Good problems i guess.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
His prefered position has always been 13. You’d think if he was going to move he’d try to find somewhere he can play there?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
So are George Francis and Rhys Van Nek on the books in some capacity next season for the Reds? That was a very impressive scrum display yesterday. I honestly don't think I've seen pure dominance like that in a game for a while - it was like men vs boys.

By the same token that game didn't do Nasser any favours. Threw a couple of line out pies, was on the back end of a scrum hiding (although hes less at fault than the props) and didn't really do much around the park.